ELF Cosmetics Haul

Wednesday 6 March 2013

HI everyone! The other week me and Megan took advantage of the BOGOF offer on ELF Cosmetics. We each got some lovely things and I wanted to briefly show you the things I purchased. I was going to post induvidual posts on these things, but let me know if you would like to see more detailed posts after reading this with some swatches too? 
(This post is a little picture heavy, but everyone loves a good product shot!
Product Shot of the 5 items I purchased. Lovely!
So there are the 5 things I bought. So now onto the induvidual pics of everything I got in more detail!
By the way? How do feel about my pictures being larger? Do you still think the quality is OK? I was inspired to make mine larger after seeing how great Megan's posts looked with larger images!
Studio Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 £3.75 in the shade Mellow Melon
So, the first thing that made me lust after this product was the colour. I loved how summery it looked, but I knew that it would be wearable and sheer at the same time! The packaging is a little bit bulky, as the plastic around the sides is a little bit larger than needed. Kind of like the Maybelline Colour Tattoo packaging. Melon is a favourite fruit of mine so I guess the name enticed me in too.
Studio Single Eyeshadow £3.75 in the shade Pebble
So this is the next thing I bought. I knew I needed this as soon as I saw the product image, and then I googled some swatches, and I fell in love a little bit. It's a dark taupe/chocolatey colour, with a tiny bit of shimmer, but so little that it looks matte. I would say a satin finish is the best way to describe this little gem. Lasting power is pretty good, and the pigmentation is more than decent.
Studio Shimmer Palette £3.75
So this product looked pretty interesting when I was reading about it. It claimed that you could use this on your face, eyes, and lips, and I thought it would be handy to have such a versatile product in my collection. The texture is different to what I expected it to be, its very smooth to touch and feels very 'thin' but is still excellently pigmented.
Studio HD Blush £3.75 in the Shade Superstar.
I had seen these being blogged about for a while now and I really wanted to try one out. The lightest shade that I wanted was called 'headliner' but that was sold out, but considering there was an offer on it would be rude not to buy one to try! When I first opened this product, I was left with oil on my hand, but a good shake was the solution to this issue! I think this blush will be a staple in my collection this season!
Studio Pressed Powder £3.75 in the shade Porcelain
This product was a little bit deceiving. This powder is the lightest shade, but in real life it's quite dark! Translucent powder please elf?
This powder has a wee bit of coverage, an I admit it does mattify the areas it is applied to for the majority of the day. It comes with a sponge applicator, but I am not a huge fan of them, so I stick to using it with a powder brush.
 
So that was everything I got in this 'mini' haul from ELF. This offer isn't on anymore, but sign up for the emails and you will be notified when there are other great offers for you!
Thanks for reading, come again soon!
Lauren x

4 comments :

  1. The lip balm and blush are so prefect for summer!! With the eye shadow does it come out a bit dark to be a base colour?

    It would be lovely if you could check out my blog
    thepinksuitcase18.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!
      With the eye shadow I saw a picture on google where it was worn all over the lid and softened out at the edges, and it looked gorgeous! But for me I prefer to use it in the crease as a contour colour!
      Lauren x

      Delete
  2. I love the HD blush, do you?

    Megan x

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan!
      Yep I really love this blush, super great for when you don't want to apply loads of powder products in the hotter days!
      Thanks for your comment!
      Lauren x

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |