Cute DIY | Money Savings Jar

Sunday 21 April 2013

So, me and Megan spent some time together yesterday, and we discussed that we were going to be going shopping for her birthday in June, so we kind of need to start saving. I had seen it before on instagram and things, but Megan said we should made a savings pot out of an old jam jar and decorate it.
It was so much fun to make, and so theraputic!

We used all sorts of things, fabric, nail polish, paper, pens and other things, and I am really pleased with how my saving pot turned out!
I think it looks very vintage and crafty, and the money is adding up nicely, after looking in purses for change, using all my pennies, and finding an odd note or two. I am going to try and make sure that once the money goes into the pot, it doesn't come out again.

I had a lot of fun making this, let me know inf you are going to make one yourself! If I ever need to save for anything again, I will definitely be makeing more of these, and maybe I will just make one that I put a few coins in everyday for a few months and then treat myself!
Thanks for reading, don't forget to ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE, follow, and comment!
Lauren x

6 comments :

  1. My birthday is in June too ! I think I should make myself one as a way of saving. I have a trip to London in aug so it may be a good idea !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a jar a little like this, but mine looks nowhere near as nice as yours.
    Also, just to let you know, I have nominated you for the liebster award over on my blog If you would like to check it out, just click on the link below
    http://herecomesclo.blogspot.ie/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure it looks great!
      Thanks for nominating me!
      Lauren x

      Delete
  3. this is so cute!

    please check out my blog if you have the time,
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |