THE RED-CORAL NAILS

Sunday 30 March 2014


When I don't know what to paint on my nails, there are three colour groups I will go for - either nude, mint green, or corals. As I was hunting through my (ridiculously large) stash, I found out that I actually have four corals that are pretty darn similar, some more affordable than others, and so I thought this would be a good post for those who want to get into the reddish-corals.

The first one you see is Ciaté Playdate which is more of a pink toned coral rather than the red-orange. The formula of Ciaté polishes is one of the best that I've tried as they last really well on me considering nail polish generally chips on me in about a day or two *cries*.

For more of an orange-toned take on the corals, we have Revlon Craving Coral, which is one of my favourites for my toes, and  can imagine I will be getting mucho use out of this one when the summer comes along and the sandals make an appearance.

Two that are very similar (almost identical on the nails - I've tried wearing both at the same time and there isn't any difference), are OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where? and GOSH Crispy Coral, which both sort of sit somewhere in the middle between the pink-toned ones and the orange-toned offerings. Fun Fact - the OPI one was actually my first ever OPI Nail Polish!

Something tells me that my nails will be seeing a lot of these shades in the warmer months... What are your favourite summer polishes?

10 comments :

  1. I got the Ciate one in my Glossybox and although I love the colour, the formula really chips on me! It just shows how different things work for different people! Great colour choices, by the way - love the OPI xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange, it sure does! I love the OPI one too, probably my favourite of the bunch!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  2. Wow they're all such beautiful colours! I have Essie Fifth Avenue which is a gorgeous colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't seen that one - I'll have to have a look!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Lauren this picture is to die for. AMAZING.

    thebeautypier.blogspot.com - Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, your pictures are always amazing too!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colours! My go-to red is a nails inc one. Beautiful picture

    Rebecca - floresymoda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just think you can't compete with OPI for quality of formula - nothing else I've found goes on as nicely and stays around for as long. I just wish their shades were as exciting as their competitors!! x

    http://somethinglikenicola.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. all those colours are absolutely beautiful, such pretty shades xxx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |