A BEAUTY BLOGGER'S BEST FRIENDS

Thursday 20 March 2014


A little less of the pretty products in today's post, and I'm putting a little more focus on the basics - the things we all use and own but don't actually talk about. It's about time to give them some loving.

The first is a compact mirror. Okay, I'll admit, this No7 one actually looks rather nice (and comes with a protective pouch too), but I do have another from Poundland which I use as well. Another thing is Bobby Pins/Hair Grips and hair bands. These are the guys that help you out on a windy day when your hair is in your face, and we really should appreciate them handing around in the bottom of our bags more often.

Nail Wheels. I bought mine in bulk from Amazon, coming in at a couple of pounds for some clear ones and some cream ones. Whether you have bought a new polish and want to test out the consistency and colour when your nails are already painted, or for swatches in blog posts - they really are helpful.

Hand gel is a must, and I love the Cuticura Passion Flower and Mango Gel which smells good and leaves your hands feeling clean. I like to use this once before and after I do my makeup to remove any dirt or excess, or if any of you use public transport, this may be a good one for you.

I went through packets of the Kleenex Blotting Sheets like water in the summer, as I was blotting my face when I was hot, as well as handing them out to friends so that they could blot their faces too. I have a stash of 6 packs of these so I will certainly not be running low anytime soon, but they are hard to find at times so I guess I'm in luck at the desperate times.

Finally, eye drops. A lot of people are scared of using them, as was I, but once I got contact lenses and they totally dried my eyes out, I had no choice but to use eye drops otherwise my lenses would be too drying for me to wear. I use either the Blink ones or the Optrex ones that are suitable for contacts.

What are your unheard of beauty essentials?

5 comments :

  1. This is such a great post lovely! :)
    I'm all about the nail wheels. Hehe. Really interesting read.

    Ellis - Ellis Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect picks that definitely do get neglected, and blotting powders are so necessary for Spring xxx

    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this lovely post is it possible you could talk more about the keenex sheets please or direct me to a earlier post thank you xx

    kelseymisskfb.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://www.bloglovin.com/kelseymisskfb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! what a great post. and those shine absorbing sheets are literally my life! what a lovely blog you have too :) xox
    Amira http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |