LIP COLOURS FOR SPRING

Wednesday 26 March 2014

When Spring comes around, I gain a little more confidence in the lip product department, and go for things that aren't nudes and neutrals. I don't go full out with the bold brights by any means (they are saved for summer), but the more balmy, hint-of-tint offerings are well used in my stash at this time of year.

The Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart is one of my favourites of the bunch, as not only do I love the stunning medium pink colour, but the texture of this is amazing, its a thick, balmy, nourishing consistency which makes application a dream, and so a purchase of a few more in the range is on the cards.
One that is more of a lipstick than a balmy product is the Rimmel Kate Lipstick in 16 which is a peachy coral colour, with a finish that is nor glossy or matte, which makes it a little more suitable for the season.

The L'Oréal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in Aphrodite Scarlet is another favourite, which is a no-frills pink that finishes off a look in a swipe. Think, the Revlon Lip Butter, but with a slightly less pigmented look on the lips.
Another balm is the NYC Apple-licious Lip Balm in Apple Blueberry Pie, which is slightly more purple than the other bright pinks I go for but I have really been enjoying it recently - and I must add the apple taste and scent makes it even better.

Finally, one that I hated for such a long time but recently got into using is the GOSH Soft n' Shine Lip Balm in Irony, which is a slightly peachy orange. I normally have issues with oranges suiting me, but if I apply this one by tapping it on with fingers (the actual product is rather smooshed anyway), it doesn't look all that bad.

Writing this is making me want to scour the aisles of Boots to find some more brights in preparation for the warmer weather that everyone is hoping we'll be getting this year...

11 comments :

  1. Hi Lauren! Loving your choices here, Spring is my fave season! xx
    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shades are all really pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Gosh one is my favourite of the lot! Love it, and it really suits you!

    Got your link through the #bbloggers chat and I have followed you via BL :) love your blog!

    Kathryn xo

    Bit of a Freak | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much! I will definitely wear it more now, as people seem to like the way it looks on me! Thanks so much for following lovely!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  4. The last shade is my favourite but I love them all! Spring lipsticks are my fave and they really suit you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing gets me more excited than lipsticks! These all look so pretty! I'm totally in love with the Revlon Lip Butters, their buttery finish is the best! This shade looks perfect for spring/summer x
    Lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Luci! Lipsticks are my weakness (as well as all the other makeup products out there haha)...!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  6. Loving all of these, they look great on you!
    aaamylouxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all really gorgeous colours, and you do the bow on your lip beautifully haha!

    Thanks for sending me your link in sunday's #bbloggers chat, you've got a lovely blog and I can't wait to read more! :)

    I'm over at Lots of Love, Me. if you fancy a peek :)

    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I have always hated my lip shape, but you have made me think a bit differently now! Thanks so much for following, it means a lot!

      Lauren x

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |