THE HAIRCARE REVAMP

Friday 28 March 2014


As I have recently been getting more and more into hair care, I thought it'd be a good time as the seasons are changing to show what has been making the cut (excuse the pun) for my locks recently.

The first thing isn't exactly a product, but these hair bands have been reached for quite regularly. I don't know what they are called, but basically they are designed to keep your hair secure in a ponytail, without leaving any kinks or damage once removed. They make having my hair up look a little nicer too, as the tied ends style seems to make my hair look quite cute and sweet.

My hair had a rather dry phase recently so I was itching to get my hands on a hair mask that would add in some moisture again. The Wen Pomegranate Re-Moist Intensive Hair Treatment* is literally the thickest hair mask I have laid eyes on, and it definitely adds some sort of nourishment there.

For days that I need to blow dry my hair, of course I don't want to add to the dryness, so I have been opting for the Toni & Guy Prep Heat Protection Mist in order to keep my hair protected from the heat from the hair dryer. Before drying (whether this is naturally or with a hair dryer too), I like to use the Wen Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist* from the mid-lengths to the ends of my hair as I really like using this as a de-tangler. My only issue is the extremely minty smell but it goes away after a few minutes.

Finally, I have been really enjoying twisting my hair up to create heatless curls overnight, which Megan explains well here,  and so on the days that I want them looking a little more beachy and wavy, I have been spritzing the L'Oreal TXT Volume Supersizing Spray to the curls and scrunching them a little until I have the desired effect.

The real question is though, will I finally cave for the bloggers' shoulder length cut?

5 comments :

  1. Loving the look of the L'Oreal Volume spray and I really want to smell the sweet almond mint it sounds so intriguing!
    Laura x
    shimmerofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both really good products Laura!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  2. I tie my hair up all the time, I think I need one of those hair bands! The pomegranate hair treatment sounds lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I have that same TXT spray though the packaging is totally different for mine! I love it though its the first texture spray that has worked for me

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive heard some great things about Wen! One to defiantly look out for!

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |