COLLECTING AND SPENDING POINTS

Thursday 6 March 2014


Loyalty cards and points cards are where it's at in the beauty world, as I am sure most of us can't resist
getting a treat free of charge. When you do the maths, it can be a little staggering to find out how much you have actually spent in order to gain those beloved points, so maybe put the calculator down on this one.

I only have 2 points cards, as I don't have the likes of Space NK locally, so I only have the option to get some pennies back from Boots and Superdrug.

The Boots Advantage Card is the one which gives you more points for your money. Coming in at 4 points per pound you spend, and then each point counts as 1p, it isn't too bad. In theory, its 4p back from every £1 worth of purchases. The only downside is that you have to have the entire amount of points equivalent to the product price in order to make the purchase, whereas with the Superdrug Beauty Card, you can spend your points in multiples of 100 towards any product.

If you are unsure what I mean, maybe this will help. For Superdrug, if you had 364 points on your card - equivalent to £3.64, you could put 300 of these towards your product. Did that even help you? But, there is a downside to this one too, you only get 1 point per £1 spent, so really you would end up spending a minimum of £100 in order to get £1 off a product.

Nonetheless, the spending part is very fun. Being on my spending ban, I needed (read: wanted) a new foundation, something a little lighter to coincide with my 'wear lighter coverage' New Year's resolution. The Rimmel Match Perfection was on the till, and I can tell you, I am very much enjoying that foundation as my go-to base, so points well spent if you ask me...

7 comments :

  1. I know A friend of mine is saving for a bottle of Coco Chanel and has been for a year now and is nearly half way there haha

    Carrieanne xx
    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save my points up for our holiday perfumes aha, totally worth it i love boots. I always forget about my super drug card anyway xx
    www.minniemichelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love saving up my Boots points! I'm loving this foundation at the minute :) x

    www.lovefrom-lisa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be lost without my Boots cards... and when those little vouchers drop through the door for extra points on certain products/when you spend a certain amount I can't wait to make full use of them :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love saving up my points, haha! I try to save as many as I can so I can buy high end makeup products :) x
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love saving boots but it's a pain in the arse when I'm short :( xxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Boots card, I managed to get a lot of points especially around Christmas time.. the only downside is that you have to have enough points for the whole products, whereas Superdrug let you use your points to deduct from your total. Great post x

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |