BRUSHES FOR BASES

Sunday 2 March 2014


A day doesn't go by where I don't use a brush in some shape or form for my foundation/concealer. I'm not quite sure how I used to manage without, and even though a finger-applied base looks pretty and natural, I go for the brush option more often than not. I have three favourites, come and say hello...

The Real Techniques Buffing Brush really is the cult of the trio I have going on here, and I can certainly tell why. It isn't as dense as the likes of the Expert Face Brush, but it certainly blends just as well - a lot of people actually say even better. This makes makeup look like a part of your skin, rather than a thick layer sitting on top of it, and I love it. I can't quite believe that Megan doesn't have this one yet - come on girl.

For a more natural finish, I love the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. Sam Chapman really hits the nail on the head with her brush line, hence why I never stop rambling on about the darn things. This one is the one I love for lighter foundations or BB Creams/Tinted Moisturisers, because it's something about this brush and those kinds of bases that look the best together.

For a more dense brush we have the Nanshy Round Buffer Brush* which is becoming one that is used more and more regularly. It really blends foundation into the skin, and I love the way it looks. I don't think it quite rivals my Real Techniques Buffing Brush yet, because I find it slightly too dense to get everything as blended, but the finish is still great. This is one that I love for concealer more than foundation I guess.

3 Brushes, all of which my face appreciates. I wonder what brush I will be getting next from the Real Techniques range...

11 comments :

  1. I have the Expert Face brush from Real Techniques and i really like it to apply foundation! ;)
    Really nice post! xx
    http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Expert Face brush for foundation, but I do really want to get the Core collection soon!
    I love the stippling brush to apply blush. :)

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just purchased the Real Techniques brush and can't wait to try it!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love the RT buffing brush but I much prefer the expert face brush now, it seems to blend in foundation so much better.

    Love Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of Nanshy and this brush looks lovely!

    Kimberley | Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Buffing Brush too, nothing else beats it for me. I like a stippling brush to go over my makeup if it's got streaks but I can't be doing with the time it takes to apply foundation with it, I'm too lazy :) x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like Real Techniques, I have the powder brush and I'm hoping to add the blusher brush to my collection soon.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't use brushes a lot! I have the one that came with my naked 2 palette thatI use daily and sometimes I use a blusher blush. But I don't wear blusher/foundation daily as it makes my skin break out.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very helpful I am absolutely hopeless with brushes!! xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Nanshy brush reminds me of Sigma! My fave brush is the RT Real Expert Face Brush, I find it so much better than the buffing brush xox

    www.tartanbones.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need that RT brush, but i also love the elf powder brush for foundation, its quite dense and applies foundation perfectly.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |