THE BUDGET BLACK LINER TRIO

Friday 28 February 2014


Eyeliner has become a step in my daily makeup routine and after a few weeks to a month of consistent daily lining, my peepers look odd to me without the slightly winged, not too thick, black line of definition.

The Felt Tip Pen: This is my favourite option to go for of the three. I have totally got to grips with using the pen to do a line (pretty much even on both eyes, can I get a round of applause?), quickly in the morning and it stays all day. The felt-tip in question is the Barry M Blink Precision Eyeliner which costs something short of £5, so is totally bargainous. There is no doubt that I will be repurchasing this once it has dried out.

The Gel Pot: This is a new addition to the liner posse, but strictly speaking isn't actually designed to be a liner. This in fact is the Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo in Timeless Black, but it is so pigmented, that once set, it almost doubles as a gel liner. Sometimes I am worried that it'll smudge being as it isn't actually a liner but I haven't had any issues yet. For £2 in the Boots clearance, it isn't bad at all.

The Pencil/Kohl: This is the option I am least familiar with, but this is one to go for when you want something a little more laid back or a bit more smudged out and sultry. This is the Avon Glimmerstick in Blackest Black, and this stuff is seriously pigmented. You have a short time after applying to smudge, move and wing this liner before it sets which is what I like about it. For £6 it isn't pricey either.

Three great liners at 3 budget prices, and I feel like my eye look is never complete without a slick of the stuff nowadays, and for just over £15 for the trio, you can't resist...

5 comments :

  1. Im getting so good at eyeliner that i can use whatever now :) these sound brilliant.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the Maybelline Tattoo Shadow in black I don't think yet! Agree though that the consistencies of those shadow pots would do well for liners (and of course bases) :)! I usually use a liquid liner or pencil - just takes a bit of practice at first (gel I think is a bit harder to master haha), but nice that there's so many different options!

    Cachoo Joo // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanted to try the maybelline colour tatto as a liner, lucky you for finding it in clearance! xx

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Avon Glimmersticks one was one of the first eyeliners I used and I still have one in my collection :) it's so easy to use and I love how pigmented it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently ran out of liquid eyeliner and have been looking for a good one. I use Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk regularly as an everyday eyeshadow, but I never would've thought to use Maybelline Color Tattoo as an Eyeliner. I will try it out.

    Little Bit Pixie

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |