THE DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION BATTLE

Tuesday 18 February 2014


For me, when it comes to bases, I have never ventured out into the high end area, because there are so many gems hidden in the high street/drugstore. I've put my 5 current bases into categories so hopefully you can find a foundation that is the best for you.

The Natural Base: In this category, I have 3 foundations which slot in. First up, probably one of my favourite foundations ever, which is Revlon Nearly Naked, which has a light-medium somewhat buildable coverage, that looks like skin, and is slightly dewy. I only have about 1-2 uses left out of this bottle so I'm holding onto it.
Then, we have Rimmel Match Perfection, which literally makes your skin look like silk. It is yet again a light coverage but can be built up to something a little heavier if you wish. The colour is a little dark, but because it is so natural looking, once blended down the neck it looks seamless.
The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is one that got everyone a little bit excited when people started to rave about it. This is another light-medium coverage but I find it easy to build this one if I need a touch more coverage. I'll briefly touch on the scent - its gorgeous. Fruity goodness which makes you want to smother it all over your face.

The Glow-Getter: It's safe to say that most of you will have known which bottle was going to be slotting into this category. If you guessed the orange-lidded, shimmery stuff which goes by the name of Rimmel Wake Me Up, you get a round of applause. This has mixed reviews, and I am sitting on the fence. It is shimmery, but I have yet to experience the Edward Cullen look. The colour is what puts me off, this is about 2 shades too dark for me, and being the lightest shade in the range - it's slightly disappointing.

The One for Coverage: Revlon Colorstay. This is my third bottle of the stuff, and being someone with bad skin I like this a lot. But, nowadays in some areas (I had a crazy 'dry skin everywhere' week recently), it looks a little too heavy, but maybe I'm just not blending it enough. But with an hours wear or so, I think it fades evenly and looks a much more natural, but maintains the coverage.

Which one will you be going for? I think the Bourjois Happy Light is next on my wishlist, Not that I'm in need of a stock up...

11 comments :

  1. I really want to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, it sounds amazing x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Rimmel Match Perfection, is amazing. Also I want to try the Revlon one :)

    Mirisweet! xX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rimmel Match Perfection and Revlon Nearly Naked have been on my list for months! I really need to try! My 3 favourites of the moment are Rimmel Wake Me Up, Bourjois HMS and Bourjois Happy Light. I urge you to try Happy Light, it's lovely! This is a fab post! x

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only tried the Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation from your lineup. I do want to try the The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, its been on my wishlist for so long
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. really want to try that one from bourjois! i find match perfection can look a little streaky..

    www.zoewithumlauts.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rimmel Match Perfection, it's my favourite foundation at the moment. I do agree with you though, I've got dry skin and there are often times I can't wear Revlon Colorstay as it's so heavy.

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to wear the Revlon colourstay all the time and loved it! Unfortunately my skin changed and it doesn't suit me anymore but I actually miss it!
    Shannon x shannondarko.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good post! I love the rimmel match perfection foundation and so much so that I haven't left myself much room to try any other foundations but I do really want to try out the bourjois healthy mix foundation!x

    electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way about colorstay. it is bit too heavy, and I finished a bottle myself just now, and currently researching for my next drugstore foundation. Nearly naked sounds promising, but I hate that it does not have a pump. Bourjois is not available in the states, so not an option. I heard a few things about rimmel match perfection, and thinking about it. I think the rimmel wake me up is not available in the states, at least around where I live. A great round up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried 3 of these foundations and have similar views. I love the Match Perfection, despite it clingy to my dry patches. I really dislike the Wake Me Up for the same reason as you, the colours available are awful, I bought what I thought was a good match and it's so pink I look like a lobster, definitely going into a blog sale post.. I bought Nearly Naked in totally the wrong shade, but base wise it's great.

    My favourite base is No7's Stay Perfect, it's pricier than the above but it's really good, and being colour matched really helps! :) Great post xx

    Chloe @ cornbreadorvelvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love(d) Revlon Colorstay Foundation! But I found out that they changed their formula a while ago. The consistency is much thicker than the more liquid-y version I was used to. I am already looking to switch to a new foundation since it's so difficult finding the bottles with the older formula. Original formula listed water as the first ingredient, I think.

    Maybe the new formula is the reason you are having some issues with that foundation? It may be affecting your skin differently. Hope this helps.

    --Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |