BRONZING UP

Wednesday 26 February 2014


It would seem that we are all getting tired of the horrendous British weather now, and most of us are hoping for spring and summer to hurry up (I am more excited about the clothes shopping to be fair), and as a result of this I have been craving the bronzed look more often.

Before, I used to be a bit scared of bronzers, purely because I am so pale, but I have found some products that have been working for me without any orange tinge.

For a bronzing base, (I do want to get my hands on Bourjois' offering), the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Bronzing Primer has been doing pretty well for me. This adds a hint of tint, and makes your skin look healthy, while also smoothing out the skin.

Too Faced are also the brand in which one of my favourite bronzers has come from, which is the Poolside Primping Sun Bunny Bronzer, and this is slightly shimmery, but translates on the skin to something more sheeny. Watch out to not be too heavy handed with this one, as things can get a little overpowering at times.

A new addition to my collection is the Sheer Cover Sun-Kissed Bronzing Minerals in Light*, which is a trio of colours in one pan, starting light, and making its way to something darker. The middle shade is slightly more shimmery than the others, but the outer two still have a touch of sheen as well. This is a really natural looking one and I have been enjoying using this daily just around my cheeks and temples.

The final product is one that I talk about quite a lot here, but one which I am unsure of where it is available from. The Milani Sunset Duos in 01 Sunset City  is a duo that makes its way into my MUJI drawers almost weekly when I change things up. The blush is stunning, as is the bronzer alone, but when you swirl the two, and just put it on the cheeks, we have a gorgeous bronzey blush.

You obviously need a brush to apply your product, and the one in question is the Sheer Cover Bronzer/Blush Brush*, which is an angled brush which isn't too dense so you don't have any issues of your products looking heavy handed. I must also add that I love the 'packaging', a dark wood handle, with dark bristles - an instant 10/10 from me.

My next bronzer on the wishlist, The Body Shop Honey Bronzer... Oh Estée, you are an enabler and a half...

 

2 comments :

  1. I absolutely adore Too Faced Bronzers, they're some of my favourites! xx
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to try the Honey bronzer so badly, but we don't have the Body shop here -.- The Too Faced one is also on my WL :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |