THE NATURAL SPRING FACE

Saturday 22 March 2014

To me, Spring means natural, dewy and fresh-faced makeup looks, and with the first day of Spring having just passed, it was the perfect opportunity to share what I reach for when I am looking for something more natural, perhaps a look for on the weekends.

For a base, of course it would have to be the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - a cult classic in the blogging world. This offers natural coverage which looks glowy and dewy on the skin, but by no means shiny. I am almost out of this bottle, so I think either a repurchase or a trial of the Happy Light offering is on the cards.
The Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in Santa Rose is one of those products which you can apply in a sweep, and not have to bother with contour or highlight when you are going natural. It is just the perfect muted colour for daily wear.

On the eyes, the term 'one sweep wonders'; may be something you like to hear. I have 2 bronze, shimmery colours which with a wash over the lid and a slick of mascara are the definition of natural. MAC Woodwinked is the slightly more coppery option out of the two, and for something a little more shimmery, the Rimmel Mono Shadow in Backstage is a good option. The mascara in question is the Soap & Glory Thick and Fast which adds length and volume in seconds. A no-frills step of MUA Clear Mascara over the brows comes next, and just keeps them in place when filling in isn't on the cards.

For lips, as I have been getting into glosses, I have been reaching for the GOSH Volume Lip Shine in 04* which adds a tint of pinky-red to the lips but without any sticky feeling, and is quickly becoming a daily essential for me.

What are your essentials for a Spring-centric face?

5 comments :

  1. I love this selection - the soap and glory mascara I've tried and liked but I do feel there are others a lot better!
    The Bourjois foundation is the next product on my list to try! I love wearing little or no make-up especially in spring and summer!!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    www.bloglovin.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks, really want to try out the Bourjois foundation :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Healthy Mix Serum x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Been seeing a lot of nude faces and I love it
    
Emma| With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bourjois foundations - they are apparently made in the same place as Chanel makeup!
    My fave thing for sprint is the Nars creamy concealer :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |