SMASHBOX IT'S YOUR PRIME

Wednesday 29 January 2014


Since the day I started watching Youtube videos, someone has always been talking about the Smashbox Primers, and I got my fair share of the cute minis from the It's Your Prime set this Christmas. It contains 3 of their primers, 2 well-loved staples, and one new release. I'll give you the low down on the trio.

Photo Finish Foundation Primer: This is the one that everyone talks about, but also the one which some people don't like. I'm fairly sure it is silicon based, which breaks out a handful of people, but I am yet to experience that *touches wooden desk*. For me, I wouldn't say this dramatically increases the longevity of my makeup, just more so helps it wear off more evenly, so I don't have any weird marks where it settles.

Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer: This was the exciting newly released one, which isn't like many others on the market. This primes the under eye area, in order to prevent concealer creasing or drying out too much. I do really like this, and I find that concealer does apply and wear much better on top.

Photo Finish Lid Primer: For some reason, I am a lover of eye primers and I always want to buy more. This one though, makes me want to buy the full size (maybe my purse wouldn't agree). This is a lid primer which mattifies the surface, smooths, and blanks any colour out, and creates the perfect base for shadows. I definitely find that this guy makes my eye makeup wear for so much longer, without any signs of creasing. I am using this sparingly, because the pot is so diddy, and I love this stuff. Maybe I will fork out the £15 for a repurchase one day.

So, I am sitting on the fence with some, and totally smitten by others, but who would say no to cute little minis like these?

 

7 comments :

  1. I've never tried any of the smashbox primers but I'll have to after reading this post x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Photo Finish one, and ugh, you have really made me want the other two now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone raves about these primers and I often get close to buying one but for some reason never have! I think I get worried about them breaking me out as I have sensitive skin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try out Smashbox primers, thanks for the review :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried both the foundation primer and eye primer before, they're really amazing! The eye primer is comparable to the UDPP however this sample is a bit drier

    Beauty for the Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |