2014 BEAUTY BASED RESOLUTIONS

Sunday 5 January 2014


Every blogger and their mothers have most certainly came up with a list of New Year's Resolutions which revolve around beauty related tasks, and the majority of them have posted about theirs. Today is my turn, in which I am discussing the 5 things I plan to do this year, and at the end of December I will be reviewing my progress.

#1: Buy New Storage
I have well and truly outgrown the current storage for my makeup, and I have already planned and started a spending ban which will be taking place in order for me to buy the IKEA Alex 9 Drawer Unit which I will be using to store all things beauty; hair care, skincare, makeup, and even a little body care. We'll see how the saving goes, as I'm sure a post will come shortly after if I manage to buy the cliche blogger chest of drawers.

#2: Buy a Cleansing Balm
Notice that the first 2 resolutions involve me spending money - oops. But, ever since I got into the blogging world, I have been lusting after the glorious invention which is the cleansing balm. And my goal is to jump onto that bandwagon this year, and really give my face some cleansing balm TLC. Whether I go for the Emma Hardie, the Clinique, or another brand offering, I hope to buy one which I will get on with well.

#3: Stay Hydrated
Now, I think this one is one most of the lists I have seen so far, but I think we could all work a little harder on how much we have to drink each day. I have been working on having as many glasses of water that I can during the day, and I definitely feel more hydrated by doing so. Lets see how long I can keep it up.

#4 Wear Lighter Coverage
This is the one that I am worried I won't keep up. I have bad skin, and so I love my Revlon Colorstay but I am trying to branch into lighter coverage, at least once a week. I just bought the Rimmel Match Perfection and at a first glance it is really nice, so we shall see how this goes. Maybe I will go for light coverage base, with a higher coverage concealer.

#5: Keep Up a Body Care Routine
Since all the Soap & Glory goodies arrived under my tree for me this Christmas, and then I somehow bought even more in the sales, I have been really enjoying taking the time to use a scrub a few days a week, and use a body butter/lotion daily. I want to keep this up throughout the year, as my skin is looking and feeling so much nicer after putting the effort in.

What are your beauty resolutions this year?

 

  Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. This is a great list I just might need to apply this to myself!

    
With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
  2. I always promise myself I'll wear a lighter coverage, but I always end up back wearing sheer glow! I'll have to make more of an effort this year to do the same, I think.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to sort out some sort of body care routine as well, I NEVER moisturise my body! I might occasionally do my arms but then I get lazy. It's a wonder I don't have legs like an ostrich.

    rubyduchess.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |