ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Wednesday 15 January 2014


Catch the Mean Girls reference there? 10 points to you. Recently I have been standing at my Muji drawers (soon to be an Ikea Alex - I am very excited) and staring at all things pink; perfumes, lips, nails, and even a brush. Am I going a little cray? I think so. But today I shall be sharing the love for the pretty shade and going through my picks from the categories.

Lips: The newest addition is the Kiko Smart Lipstick in 912. As soon as I set eyes on this I instantly thought that it was a possible dupe of MAC Impassioned and if so, that is another to add to my MAC Lipstick wishlist. For something a little more balmy, I always opt for the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart which is the colour that really got me into wearing pinks. Another offering is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford Street Fuchsia which doesn't suit me all that well but the formula is amazing.

Cheeks: For a powder offering, the Stila Positively Pink Cheek Palette has recently made its way into my collection, at from a first impressions point of view, it is gorgeous, and I can't wait to use this more often. For a cream blush, the MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in Bittersweet is a great one for a budget offering, coming in at only £2 a pop, so I assume more of these will soon enter my collection.

Nails: I rarely sport a pink polish because not many suit me, but these 3 are some of my favourites. Ciaté Candy Floss is a gorgeous bubblegum pink colour, and after I went through a similar Gosh one entirely, this is the next best thing, and I own 2 of them. On the theme of Gosh, we have Flamingo, a bright medium pink colour, which I adore as it reminds me of summer. Finally, we have Rimmel Strawberry Fizz which is another medium pink colour which looks pretty good on toes as well as fingers.

Miscellaneous: So, I couldn't write a post about pink products without including the Real Techniques Stippling Brush which is the perfect blush-buffer, foundation's best friend, and an all round multitasker and my face appreciates it greatly. Then for fragrance I have this mini of the Ted Baker Woman Pink scent, and I love this at the moment, as it smells exactly like the general Soap and Glory scent, and I adore that.

So, I have been thinking pink recently, and it probably won't be stopping for a while.
What colour is on your mind beauty-wise?


Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments :

  1. Such pretty shades, I definitely need to try some of these out x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stila blush, its beautiful!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so beautiful!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick looks incredible along with everything else, must get my hands on it!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty post! I'm pink obsessed as well, love the Stila blush!
    Sophs xx
    The Sopho Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick, I have it in Glamplum Fulham, it's gorgeous! The shade you have looks beautiful too. Just found your blog through the twitter chat, new follower :)

    Amy xxx

    www.floatylemon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I giggled a little at the title. Totally got the reference straightaway and now I feel like watching Mean Girls.
    I love pink makeup.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title made me click on this more then the pic....oh dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mean Girls haha, and your photos too - so pretty and clear!
    I completely agree about the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks, the formula of them is really nice. And I want to try out a MUA Cream Blush - the colour you have there looks perfect.

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Rimmel Strawberry Fizz! A great name for a great colour! Until recently I worked for a VERY purple hotel chain so went off the colour but I have finally re-introduced to my collection in several shades :)

    Becca x

    http://www.perfectlypolishedpaws.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh that stilla blusher looks really nice,would love to try it!all of your products have photographed beautifully here!gorgeous colours!:)xx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |