BEST 5 OF 2013: LIPS

Thursday 9 January 2014


Once again, I am sitting at the laptop screen, typing up the (last) installment of the 'best of 2013' series going on here on my blog, and many others too. Today we are talking lips, and I have nudes, brights and some moisture going on in this post.

The first one is MAC Faux Lipstick which isn't one that gets a whole lot of fame in the blogging world, but I blimmin' love it, just the perfect your lips but better shade. Being a satin finish, it isn't too glossy, neither is it so matte it totally deprives your lips of either. Just a nice in between semi-matte. Lovely.

Second on the menu is the Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart which was the lip colour that I guess took me through that transition into wearing brights in the past few months. This is balmy, slightly sheerer that other lipsticks, and the formulation is perfecto. I seriously love this one, and just writing this gives me the urge to go and purchase the entire range.

The Maybelline Baby Lips made their way onto the shelves this year in the UK and although we have limited shades, I have all 3 tinted ones and also one of the hydrating ones (the other two are on my wishlist, I promise), and although for moisture they don't do all good for me, the shade Cherry Me has has a good lot of wear this past half a year.

Then, the GOSH Soft n' Shine Lip Balm in Scarlet. How long am I going to ramble on and on about this one? This is one of the first neutral lip products I really became loyal too, and I still love it now. Basically, a glossy, balmy, sweet smelling, pink/plummy nude which is my go-to on an everyday basis. I would compare the formula to the Revlon Lip Butters just not as thick, and perhaps the colour doesn't stick around for as long, but I adore this nonetheless.

Finally, another one I bang on about, and wear on probably a weekly basis. Yes, it is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey the perfect pink colour which is toned down so I feel like I can wear this everyday. To show how much I love it, the bullet now resembles some kind of stump, lacking in its pointed crayon-like tip. And yes, I have definitely gone a little cray-cray. 

Oh how I love lip products, and I expect I will be trying a lot more in the upcoming year.

 

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments :

  1. I love the baby lips and MAC lipsticks!! X

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great favourites here, I love MAC lipsticks and Baby Lips especially Cherry Me x

    http://daisy-drops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta have to remember the kissable lip palm color. I have been meaning to grab one of those sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad babylips was brought to the UK!

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Revlon balm stains, the colours are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. The gosh one sounds lovely /)

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |