A WEARABLE SMOKEY

Sunday 27 April 2014


The whole smokey eye look is something I tend to avoid, especially when it comes to the grey, silver and black looks because they basically make me look like a panda. But, I have recently been experimenting with browns and found a few shades which still give you the sultry effect but a little more neutral.

This MUA Pearl Shadow in Shade 11 gives an amazing sheen to the lids, making them almost look wet in some lights. But, I would say to watch out for quite a bit of fall down and do the eyes first with this one, but for £1 it's hardly going to be MAC quality.

Another shadow I really like to warm things up a little more is the Kiko Eye Shadow in 133 because it has that red/burgundy tint to it which looks amazing in the outer area of the eye when you have used some cooler toned shadows.

For a matte offering, the Maybelline Eye Studio Mono in Chocolate Chic is slowly becoming a favourite of mine for crease work. It blends well, defines the eye, and doesn't really crease either. It's a winner for this one.

To get some of that brown smokey-ness on the lower lashline, or even smudged along the top lashes, the Stila Smude Stick in Oscar Fish is incredible. Its creamy, but once set stays put on the eye all day, and the coppery shimmer in it makes it a perfect partner for the warmer Kiko Shadow.

Do you have any smokey-eye hacks?

8 comments :

  1. Gorgeous picks! I would love to see a typical look you'd do with these shadows :)
    The smudge stick is a fave for me too!

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love those shades, so wearable!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices, love the look of the Kiko especially! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the M&S eyeshadow in taupe for a smokey eye. Love the look of these shades :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the mua eyeshadows, really good value for money - i agree that some of the colours have a bit of fall out xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look, I much prefer smoky eyes in shades like this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great combination of eyeshadows! I do like smokey eyes but always so scared to try it out

    from hannah at labandwagon.blogspot.com

    p.s I currently have a MAC and Models Own giveaway on my blog :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all lovely shades! One of my favourite products to use for an everyday subtle smokey eye is the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Fuller Fudge. It's so easy to work with and lasts all day! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |