A PERFECTED COMPLEXION

Monday 21 April 2014


I talk about my bad skin quite frequently on my blog, but all seems to be getting a little better, and hopefully after a recent prescription of some antibiotic treatments, things are looking good, which I thought was the perfect time to be showing what I use when my skin is looking better and how I achieve the perfect base.

Starting on the skincare front, I have started to branch out to more expensive brands because I feel like if your skin looks good, your makeup is almost guaranteed to look good as well. The Origins Clear Improvement Mask gets a use almost every Sunday, and although some people find it tight and drying, I love the effect it gives the next day when I wake up. The La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+] has been getting a lot of use from me as a corrective serum product and I have been seeing improvements.

A new love for me is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, and although the colour is a touch too dark for me, I think with blending it looks pretty good because of its natural finish. Blended with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, it gives such a lovely finish - somewhat dewy without the shine.

I have indeed rekindled my love with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. In the winter this is a little drying but now the weather is slightly improving I am in love all over again. I think I could do with repurchasing this again, I'm struggling to get any product out. A slightly less heavy offering (but one that still brings coverage to the table) is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer, which has a satin finish and looks really natural on the skin.

For powder, I'm sure most of us hate the stuff because no-one likes a cake face, but I have discovered that using a light dusting of the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder with a the Contour Brush in precise areas just banishes the shine without looking flat.

What are your secrets to the perfect complexion?

4 comments :

  1. Love the sound of the Rimmel foundation - that's exactly what I'm looking for, matte but slightly dewy :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the real techniques brushes, I've been using the Una Brenan Mask to help get my perfect complexion :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Origins mask! Always sorts out my skin

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rimmel match is great, I am still yet to try the origins mask xxx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |