OIL FREE SKIN WITH PROACTIV

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Having an oily/combo skin type isn't all about being matte, more so just preventing shine. That doesn't mean you can't go for a dewy look, it is simply a trial of testing out what looks best. Proactiv's makeup range, is said to allow us to do just that.


The Oil Free Smoothing Primer*, smooths the skin, and preps for the next step, whether you want to go in with Tinted Moisturiser, BB Cream, Foundation or Concealer. I am not one for primer, as most of the ones I try, like this one, is silicone based, and with a collection of water based products, they don't mix. If this is the case, you canwear it alone on no makeup, or light makeup days, and it will slightly perfect the skin. I like this, but I never wear it, as explained above.

Then we have the Sheer Finish Mineral Pressed Foundation Powder*,  a mattifying pressed powder, but wears off to a really nice gentle dewyness throughout the day. I am not sure why this is called 'foundation' and then 'sheer'... as it definitely drifts more towards the latter - not much coverage is involved with this. Another thing...it smells a bit like sherbet, and I am not sure how I feel about that.

I could imagine that this would be a great duo for those with extremely oily skin, or even combination skin, to banish any excess shine on the face all day.



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. This sounds great, bet it's great to use in the summer as well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use to swear by proactiv's cleanser. then i had to wean myself off of it because i read about all the bad chemicals they use. it did work though
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |