THE BROW MAINTENANCE

Tuesday 22 October 2013


Eyebrows. There's been the over plucked, the bushy, the 5 shades too dark, the non existent brows (shaven off), and the invisible brows, and many people struggle to find the level in between, but I think I have found my brow preference. As seen in Bazaar Magazine, strong, slightly masculine brows are in now, and after having my brows a little too thin for a while, they are looking a tad thicker, and I am liking it.

It is a question of finding the right colour for your brows, whether this is a powder shadow, a pencil, or a gel. There's the whole 2 shades lighter, two shades darker statement, but for me as a individual, I would much prefer the trial and error method, and my preferred shadow is ELF Pebble, a slightly ashy, dark but still a little warm toned brown, that it isn't too red, nor too dark and grey. It works fabulously in the crease too, so it is a win, win.

Secondly, whether you have a stray hair here and there, or a full on bushy mess, a brow gel is your best friend. This £1 MUA Clear Mascara keeps the bushiness at bay, whilst also keeping all the colour from the last step in place. Beware, it'll get a little murky throughout it's life, so not one for displaying on the vanity I'm afraid.
Throw in some tweezers, I opt for the budget friendly Boots Tweezers and they seem to do the plucking job okay. Also, a handmade spoolie-comb to brush through them is an essential, and whatever else you choose. Darn, I wish we had mini eyebrow razors at easy access like you US ladies...
 

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments :

  1. I got an eyebrow razor from eBay and find it really useful, it was really inexpensive too x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look now! Thanks for the idea!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  2. I have changed my eyebrow shape in the recent months, definitely opting for a fuller brow than before! This has made me want to google different eyebrows haha, although slightly bushy I am a huge fan of Cara D's! Cliche, but true! Lovely post, cannot wait for more!

    Kassie xo

    www.styledevoured.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Cara is basically my eyebrow hero! Haha x

      Thanks!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  3. A spoolie and brow gel are my best friends on the straggly brow days! Haha. Elf makes a great clear mascara and brow gel duo for a $1! I've never really had to do my brows before so I'm always curious to hear about and see how girls do their brows because I'm so unfamiliar with how to do mine. I'm especially curious to find out to reshape them completely to create a different look. :)

    Great post. <3

    ciaobella0816.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a great deal! Me too, my brows have pretty much always been the same shape, but just thicker now, but I would like to make them less arched, but I can't decide how to tackle it! Haha x

      Lauren x

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |