THE 'DISSAPOINTING' PRODUCTS #1

Thursday 24 October 2013


I don't really 'do' the negative posts, but sometimes, a product isn't what you thought, or something I would definitely not replace. I have gathered a few items that I wasn't impressed by, and one that I cannot stand. There have been breakouts, and unhappiness, and it is time to relive those emotions...


Firstly onto skincare, which holds two items. The first being this Anatomicals Pores and Phwoars Shine Free Moisturiser* which is supposed to clear up blemishes, but instead when I put it on my skin the first time, it burnt. I have never looked back again for this guy... should I feel bad?

Then, the Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. This was purchased in the hope to have found a drugstore/high street based balm cleanser, but instead, this sat on my skin, even if I used a washcloth or a muslin, and this resulted in painful breakouts. Well, I narrowed it down to this, and after not using it the breakouts have slowly cleared up... Maybe those dryer skinned beings would prefer this?

The Sally Hansen Dry Kwik Nail Color Dryer was purchased on a whim, as I was always one to be impatient when it comes to drying time. This kind of ended up as an oily mess around my nails, and didn't dry them very well. Since this dilemma, I have found Essie's Good To Go Topcoat, and it works really well.


Quite some time ago, I purchased the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, before going on a residential with my school, for a base with some SPF in it. Megan likes this (well, her skin is flawless so she doesn't have my problem, and her skin is drier), but for me, it covers absolutely nothing, I have bad skin, with blemishes and scarring, and it didn't work for me, and didn't last long either with my combo skin, which is a shame because I really wanted to love this...

When I first used the Gosh Boombastic Mascara* (I can't help but sing that song in my head...), I thought it was the 'bom dot com' but as I went to use it for a second time, it was the wettest thing ever, with a lot of product on the brush, which resulted in me looking like I had one huge eyelash. 

Finally, the ELF Shimmer Palette, another impulse buy on an offer. I don't really know what I was planning on doing with this, I think they are too light for cream shadows, the formula isn't appropriate for a highlighter on the face, and on the lips? I don't quite understand that suggestion.. 


Maybe one day I will find a way to use these products, or maybe a family member or friend would be willing to give them a go...





  Follow on Bloglovin


8 comments :

  1. I was really disappointed with the Maybelline BB Cream too :( I ended up just using it when I was going to the gym and it would come off anyway! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get what you mean 100%!x

      Lauren x

      Delete
  2. thanks for tweeting me your link :) lovely blog! I really like the way you've set it out
    That's such a shame about the cleansing balm, it had such promise!

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm glad you like my blog!
      It is a shame, I was really wanting to like it!

      Lauren x

      Delete
  3. Don't be ashamed of posting negative posts hun - we need to know which products to stay clear of too ;)
    Luckily I haven't used any of those products before :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is better to be honest!

      And that's good, haha! Maybe they will work for others better than me..

      Lauren x

      Delete
  4. Haven't tried most of these, but I have to agree with you on the ELF palette. It's awful :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a similar ELF palette and was so disappointed with it also. Some of their single eyeshadows are great though! xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |