PERFECTLY POLISHED?

Friday 27 September 2013

A french manicure is something that gives the nails a sophisticated look, but something I can never be bothered to do. So when the Nailene French Manicure Pen Kit* dropped through my letterbox, I was pretty excited to try it.



In the set, you get the classic nail guides, which I don't tend to use often anyway, so they are at the back of my drawer now.
Then, we have the White French Tip Pen, designed to draw on the french tip. I prefer this for nail art designs, such as polka dots etc, just because it can be a little dry to colour in a whole tip. I do liek this though, just be careful that it doesn't dry up after the first use - I've been there.
We then have the Hard and Healthy French Pink which I really dont know about. It is really thin and streaky, and you can't exactly rack up the coats when you are applying it over your perfected white tips, because they won't be so white anymore. Also, this chips/peels/flakes literally a matter of hours after you apply it - maybe I did something wrong?
Moving on, we have the Acrylic Strong top coat, which is a really glossy top coat, which is the part I love. Now I am not sure whether this is what made the french pink flake around all over the place, but I don't think so.

This set retails for £6.99 at Boots if you are interested, but it might not be for everyone.
I do love a french mani, but the process bores me, especially when I am in a rush; sticking, painting, french tip drawing, top coating - maybe a bit lengthy.



Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. I do really love the way a french manicure look... but not on me. I have done it in the past a few times and I just don´t like it. I love having my nails painted a solid color or having them painted with nail art :) I think it looks really good on your nails though :)
    You are right... the pens tend to dry out pretty fast and the pink nail polish that have been in the packs that I have bought have done just the same as you described above.... the process is LONG and very tiring so no... its not for me :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look really nice and professional well done! Lovely post xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice French Manicure! This is something that I struggle with. I might give it a try...thanks for sending me over from the bbloggers chat...new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never think to do a French manicure. It looks really professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and natural love it <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this, I have short stumpy nails so French manicures look rubbish on me unfortunately!

    Milly
    Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails look amazing but if it flakes after a day, think I'll stay clear of this brand. Great honest review!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate French polishing my nails, like you I get super bored but I love how they look! You look like you did a really good job on your nails :) I always paint one hand wonky :| xx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |