THE WATERPROOF MASCARA TRIO

Sunday 15 September 2013

If I see a mascara I want, I will be opting for the waterproof version whenever there is one. It isn't that I have oily lids or problems with smudging all that much, it is more like a security blanket for if I get a bit hot, or if I am caught out with the occasional  frequent downpours we get. I have been trying out this triad for a few weeks now, and it has come to reviewing day. 


Maybelline The Rocket has been the second mascara I have tried from the brand, after finishing my Falsies one. This used to be my #1 mascara, but I have realised that there are better. For those clump free, fluttery, long lashes, this is one to go for, but for volume, this mascara lacks - and trust me, I have wiggled that brush through my lashes, layered it, the lot, I tried. It is a trustworthy waterproof though, if that's what you are after, and still isn't the worst of the ones I have tried in my time. 

An offering from Collection (previously known as Collection 2000), is the Skylash Mascara in Waterproof. This is one that you can also find in Poundland, as it has been rebranded numerous times - if you like this, stock up at these times. This one adds that bit of volume missing from The Rocket, and also adds some length. This can be a very 'wet' mascara when you first open it, so be sure you wipe away the excess before you look like you have applied it with a paintbrush. 

My current favourite from the clan is the CoverGirl Volume Exact Waterproof option. Now, I don't know what I am going to do when this runs out, because I found it in TkMaxx, so I am assuming it is discontinued, and we don't have the rest of the CoverGirl selection here in the UK. I am crossing my fingers and my toes that this appears in another TkMaxx somewhere, because I am starting to adore this one. The packaging is another story though, reminding me of something you may find buried at the bottom of you Nan's collection, but in the end it's whats inside that counts.

Mascaras are one product I use every day, so my share of the latter is growing all the time. Just wait, in a few months time I will have a 'Take Two' of this post. 

 

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments :

  1. Great review, thanks for this! I'm definitely going to be looking for the Collection one next time I need a new one. If I can any find ANY cover girl products here in the uk I will do too XD They're so hard to find!
    Love from Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, thanks for this! I'm definitely going to be looking for the Collection one next time I need a new one. If I can any find ANY cover girl products here in the uk I will do too XD They're so hard to find!
    Love from Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Collection mascaras but I haven't tried the skyscraper one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this - I have major watery eyes during whatever season but my eyes get worse during the colder months!
    I never usually opt for waterproof, I think know is the time haha.

    www.zeenaxena.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |