MAKING SAVINGS ON TOOLS

Tuesday 17 September 2013

I'm sure every beauty blogger out there dreams of the Shu Uemura lash curlers, but our purses - not so much. In the same way, of course we all hope to get our mitts on a MAC Brow comb, but it's not realistic either. Although my options may not be equal in quality, they serve me well and I am going to share my thoughts anyway.


If you want a brow comb, and you have finished/dislike a cheap mascara, give the wand a clean. This will be your new brow comb, without the price tag. The one I use is from a Natural Collection mascara, which wasn't the best, but it does a jolly old job of combing though those brows. In the same way, grab a cheap clear mascara and use it as a brow gel, instead of paying £15 for the same product with a brand name on it.

Lash curlers. The torture device look-alike. Primark sell these ones for £1-£2 with a replacement of the rubber pad to make sure you don't cut those lashes off, not a finest moment to pin in the photo album. Although the pricier ones will no doubt work a bit better, for someone like myself on a budget , they serve me well, and should do until I have the money for new ones. You can even get No.7 or Models Own ones from the likes of Boots, for under a tenner, instead of the £20+ high end ones.

I know most of us are probably brand snobs, but it doesn't hurt to make a few savings here and there, I know I do, and I feel pretty good about it. No-one likes an empty purse, with a 2p coin and a staggering receipt lingering at the bottom.


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments :

  1. Such good advice! I am so not a brand whore lol. I don't mind saving money on some of my favorite products. I love to try new things, whether it be expensive or cheaper. Great post sweety.

    xoxo!

    ciaobella0816.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheap eyelash curlers didn't work for me but I do use a very cheap drugstore brush for my eyebrows and I really like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely use one of my dried up mascaras to brush through my brows! x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |