BEAUTY HAUL - CAR BOOT, TKMAXX, AND MORE

Sunday 1 September 2013


Shopping is a healthy addiction for us beauty bloggers. I am constantly buying things to review and try out, and it happened again this weekend. 

I was on quite a bargain hunt, and I got quite a lot for under £15, leaving me with a beaming, beauty-caused smile.




Cover Girl mascaras are just one of the many products you people are blessed with in the US (not sure where else..), and so when I spotted this one in TKMaxx for £3.99, I refused to leave without it. The packaging is naff, yes, but that excused this is the one mascara that I have found to not go anywhere on my lashes and hold the curl for a long time.. I have no idea what I will do when I need to repurchase this.




I need to love a product a lot to repurchase it. This is my 3rd repurchase of this, and I have planned a full blog post about it coming soon. This is the best mascara remover I have tried from the drugstore, but I never really want to pay the full £3.50 odd, as there are some faults with it, but I spotted this in Savers fro £1.69, so I will be stocking up from there from now on. 




Impress nails are genuis, but can I justify the £8.99 for them? I don't think so. With a bit of filing I can get 2 uses out of a box, but I still don't like the price tag. I saw these 'Space Cadet' ones in Savers yet again (they have some good stuff in there at the moment) for £3.99! That is a £5 saving, and I will be going there again to get these when I next want them. 




I have been after a good white for a while now, and I saw this one in Pound Land from Sally Hansen called Ivory Skull, It is a crisp white creme polish, and I am wearing it right now with a 'flakie' top coat on it, and I love it. It isn't the best and you have to layer 3 coats for full opacity, but it cost me £1 so I can't complain. 




I went to a car boot sale today, and I thought if I was going to buy any makeup/beauty items I wanted to disinfect them in some way. Megan told me she has bought Surgical Spirit from Superdrug and mixed it with half water in a spray bottle, so you can easily spray it onto any makeup you wish to disinfect. I never actually bought any but this might come in handy in the future?




What I actually found in the car boot sale (it wasn't a good day today beauty-wise), which I have been going out of my way to find because every shop has stopped selling them, which I don't understand because they are genuis. These were 10p from a lady who said she had had them for ages and never used them. I wish there were more packs, because I would have gotten them all!



I think we all need to bargain hunt a lot more, it really pays off to your collection and your purse, I mean this stuff cost me exactly £12.12!



 Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. What a bargain :) Really like the look of those Impress nails :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I cannot live without the Kleenex absorbing sheets!
    I work in TK Maxx too haha! I left the other day with a L'Oreal Telescopic mascara.
    Loving the Poundland bargain but I am yet to find any!

    Sophie x
    sophiesbooksandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |