HANDBAG BEAUTY ESSENTIALS

Friday 20 September 2013

We all have those heart stopping moments when you have forgotten a must have product in your handbag, and most of us will panic and buy a new lip balm, or sanitizer. I have gathers my must haves, and put together a little handbag beauty edit in the hope that I won't be wasting money in the future.



Hand gel. The number one product that will always be in my bag. Always. This particular one is the Cuticura Passion Flower and Mango offering, a big ol' bottle that smells good too. If you live in London, you will need this when commuting, and need to go on the dreaded, bacteria infested transport option which is The Tube.

Blotting sheets are essential if you have oily or combination skin, or are just unlucky some days in the T-Zone. My favourite are the Kleenex Oil Absorbing Sheets, but they are tricky to track down, pretty much discontinued in my eyes. Anything to banish that shine will do.

A mascara is a nice bolt-on to the essentials, for if you might be going out for dinner straight after work or a meeting, just whack on some of this to add some more oomph to those lashes after a day of business. My chosen lash oompher upper is Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof, as it doesn't really clump, so it is safe to layer.

Throw in your lip product from the day, in this case it would be a Gosh Soft n Shine lip balm, and also a lip balm to banish the chapped lips you might be greeted with in the Winter. This one is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Mint Fresh, lovely.

Equally, you blush might wear off a bit. Annoying huh? I always opt for a cream offering, for quick application, and in this case, it is the Dainty Doll Cream Blush in Paper Roses, very natural, very blendable.

Hand cream. My hands basically have rocks falling out of them when they get dry in the winter, boulders even, so to keep them as full of moisture I can, I will carry a mini hand cream or two. My favourites are the OPI Avojuice Quenchers in Vanilla Snowflake, and the Lush Charity Pot - this one doesn't smell the best, but it does it's job well, and you donate to charity when you buy, even better.


Finally, concealer. For hiding those pesky blemishes that may appear throughout the day, or if you are like me, and your makeup tends to slip and slide throughout the day when you get a little shiny and oily. My go to for camoflauging any obstacles - the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.


I think 80% of the weight of my handbag is due to the whole other makeup collection I have stashed in there, but a blogger can never have too many products....




Follow on Bloglovin
.

10 comments :

  1. Great stuff! I have the baby lips, and I also did a review on it on my blog. Check out my blog here at beautyinspirationstop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cream blush looks so gorgeous!

    http://facebeforelace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always always always have hand sanitiser in my handbag too, it is definitely a handbag essential! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hand sanitiser is a must. London can be so dirty!

    Hannah
    www.girl-plus-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always keep lip balm, concealer and hand cream in my bag, as well as several lipsticks!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I need to get some hand sanitizer for my bag! I always just wash my hands and apply hand cream like 20 times a day lol


    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    don't forget to enter my Real Techniques giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ensure I've got essentials in each bag so I don't ever forget stuff xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got the Rocket mascara waiting to be used, can't wait to try it and that blusher looks gorgeous!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |