EXPERIMENTAL EYES #1 - POP OF ORANGE

Friday 1 August 2014


 Now Summer is here, I thought it'd be a good time to start being more experimental with my eye makeup and add in some colour. I always try purples and blues with little success and never really contemplated orange-coral colours until I saw 2 colours from my Sleek Blush By 3 in Lace that I thought could make an interesting eye look... and I really love the result. 

I used quite a large variety of products within the process so I'll try and keep this short and sweet. The Avon Eye Primer was the first step to blank out the lids and avoid creasing, followed by a coat of the Dainty Doll Cream Blush in Billion Dollar Babies (is it cheek products for eye shadow day today?!), as well as the MUA Colour Blast Shadow Stick in Stay all over the lid, with the Stila Smudge Stick in Oscar Fish blended into the outside corners. I then took the contour colour from the Sleek Face Form through the crease to warm things up as well as putting Half Baked from Urban Decay in the centre of the lids.

On the lower lashline I put the Stila Smudge Stick in Angelfish, followed by Chantilly from the Sleek Blush By 3 (also pushed into the waterline) as well as Crochet on the outer half. I did this with a small dense tapered brush to really pack on the colour and used the same technique to focus this bright colour on the outer crease. I took the brush I used for the contour colour very lightly to blend the edges.

The liner is a mix of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Blackest Black and Barry M's Blink Waterproof Pen. On my lashes is a coat of Soap and Glory Thick & Fast followed by the Sheercover Lash Fibres and then Too Faced Lash Gasm Mascara on top of them.

I said I wouldn't ramble but would you look at that... I did. With simple glowy skin and a nude pout I predict this look will be getting a lot more wear from me in the upcoming weeks. Also, watch this space, this morning I photographed a pink and gold look for you so maybe this can become a mini 'experimental eyes' series?

5 comments :

  1. I love this look!

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look, at first orange sounds very hard to pull off but you've made it so wearable!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous look! Not sure I'm brave enough to wear it but it looks lovely on you! x

    http://anyamaybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to think that orange eye makeup makes whoever's wearing it look sick, however I love this look! Wouldn't dare to wear it myself but you can really pull it off! :)

    Tania x
    thearistochats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the eyeshadow but it would be more wearable with a thinner dramatic winged eye I think.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |