AN ODE TO BATISTE

Monday 18 August 2014


I have a very love-hate relationship with Batiste Dry Shampoo, I love the effectiveness for refreshing your locks and oily roots, but I hate the powdery texture and white cast left behind. With a bit of experimenting, I have managed to find the right way to use this and I have been loving it, hence my vast variety of scents.

Pictured above I have Cherry, Blush and Tropical, all of which smell lovely, with tropical being my favourite. I find that to get the best results for me and to avoid any of the unwanted side effects of Batiste, I use this the night before to get rid of the majority of the oil, then in the morning as a refresh and because most of the oil has been banished already, the powdery texture doesn't stick around and instead my hair looks really clean.

I also like the volume it gives to the hair, as for me especially when my hair is greasy, it lies quite flat and adds to the oily look, so the volume makes things look a lot cleaner. Of course this isn't first day hair in a bottle but it sure does a good job of keeping you going for an extra day or two.

I have tried a vast range of dry shampoos from a lot of drugstore brands but of course I always go back to Batiste, it's foolproof (if you have the right technique), and is the cult classic for many. I'm sorry I doubted you in the past Batiste, can we be friends now?

6 comments :

  1. Have you tried the umberto giannini glam hair dry shampoo? it has no white residue :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big Batiste lover, especially when it comes to adding volume to my locks :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove Batiste, I actually like it because it lightens my hair & the different scented ones are lovely xxx

    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The XXL volume edition is AMAZING! x

    www.somethinglikenicola.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use dry shampoos on a night as well, it works so much better for me then just using it on the morning x

    books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Batiste is my all time favorite dry shampoo! I use it way too often! I have to get the kind for brown hair though, the regular ones are too hard to work in
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |