TRYING OUT LASH FIBRES

Wednesday 20 August 2014


I took photos for this post a long long time ago anticipating talking about lash fibres a lot sooner than this. I never got round to actually using them as the idea of basically combing fluff onto my lashes scared me off a touch and everything seemed like it'd be uncomfortable.

The other week, whilst experimenting with my orange and pink eye looks, I thought it'd be a good time to try them out as mascara alone wasn't cutting it. I tried it with a range of mascaras, but this is how I've been finding the Sheer Cover Lash Extending Fibers*. On first use, it can feel a little odd and a fibre going in your eye (especially then landing on your contact lens) can be a bit off putting.

I start by curling the lashes with my cheap and cheerful Tiger offering, then applied a coat or two of the Sheer Cover Lengthening Mascara*, which does add serious length, and beforehand when I always found it never to dry down properly and ended up sticking my lashes together, layering is the way to go to combat this. Then a brief coating of the lash fibres (basically white fluff) followed up by another mascara, which for me at the moment is either the Too Faced Lashgasm or Soap & Glory Thick & Fast - steering away from my usual waterproof security blanket.

These really do give me some serious length and volume, and compared to my normal lashes that are a pretty good length but struggle to hold a curl and often aren't very full/thick looking you could be mistaken that I had a pair of false lashes glued on. I will definitely be getting my use out of these in the next few weeks...

3 comments :

  1. I have been tempted to try the lash fibres for a while but like you I'm a bit unsure. I'm sure I'll end up giving it a go though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to try other products for lash fibres, I struggled once and gave p but thinking of perservering now xx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Awards, congratulations! To find out more, check out my latest post, which is http://daisies-and-delights.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Love from Daisy x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |