THE PRIMER COLLECTION

Tuesday 8 July 2014


Using a primer is often a step that I miss out in my makeup routine, because I have struggled for a while now trying to find the perfect one, and sometimes I'm just too lazy. I do however have quite the compilation of primers so I thought I would categorize them and ramble.

BRIGHTENING: So, we all have dull skin days at times and on those of mine I quite enjoy the Bourjois Luminous Serum Primer, which doesn't have any shimmer in, but just seems to make the face look radiant. It really is glowy skin in a bottle, and although it doesn't help with longevity it is worth it for the glow.

SMOOTHING: Smoothing primers tend to be quite heavily silicon based at times so I do often experience breakouts after using them. The first is a love hate relationship primer; the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, which is really smoothing, and keeps makeup on all day (I like to use it just on oily areas when I am using BB Cream or glowier bases), and I have just got back into using it so I will report back if I get any breakouts. I also have the Proactiv Smoothing Primer but I don't use it too often as it smooths but doesn't help with longevity all that much.

BRONZING: In the summer when you want to rack up the tan or in the winter when you are fed up of your pale skin, a bronzing primer is always a good'un to have in your stash. My personal favourite is the Bourjois Bronzing Primer which I also like to use over foundation around the outer areas of the face and on the cheekbones for an extra glow. I also like the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Tinted Primer as it is almost a mix of the Bourjois and Smashbox primers in one.

This post has actually inspired me to use my primers more often, we'll see how it goes tomorrow morning aye?

4 comments :

  1. I've tried using the Smashbox Primer but it's just too silicone based for me. Great primer post :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really been fond of using primers, especially because I think it's sort of a chore for me. But I would definitely love to try these products :)

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the smash box primer is amazing <3 great collection hun

    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I've never heard of the Proactive Primer! Sounds great

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |