A SUMMER FAUX GLOW

Tuesday 22 July 2014


As much as I would love naturally radiant skin, it is often pretty dull and the only sheen I get is when I haven't powdered my face for hours and things are getting a little oily. That's why I seek the companionship of many products in order to amp up the glow in the summer.

Upon purchase, I was never really a fan of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Shimmer Touches, but occasionally I like Radiant Rose on the cheeks as a pink hint of shimmery tint, or Shimmering Sand mixed in with foundation for some serious glow. These don't get used often, but they definitely don't go unnoticed.

A luminous primer was lacking in my makeup collection until I got the Bourjois Luminous Serum Primer a while back. There is no shimmer in this, but it just seems to add a glow without it, and I had a patch of forgetting about this guy but every time I reach for it again I start to use it again and realise why I loved it to begin with.

It's not just makeup that can help your glow out, it all starts with the skincare you use. I have managed to find a duo that gives me the glow without endless steps and more of an overnight glow-giver. The Balance Me Radiance Face Oil* is one I like to slap on in the evening, leave to soak in and  wake up in the morning with a complexion that looks radiant and blurred in tow and literally took me a minute to achieve.
In the same way the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask is another one step overnight fix that leaves you with plumped, glowing skin and the peach/apricot scent makes me literally want to eat it (Don't worry, I won't).

I look forward to finding more radiance enhancing gems in the drugstore in the upcoming months, and leave you recommendations in the comments too...

4 comments :

  1. The origins masks sound so lovely, I have heard great things about the brand in general but haven't given it a go yet, bet it smells divine too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Shimmering Sand Shimmer Touch but never thought to mix it with my foundation! Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely give this a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Face oils are really in lately! I need to try it

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rimmel's shimmer touches are on my shopping list!
    Ive been loving seventeens liquid highlighter recently for a bit of extra glow

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |