REVLON COLORBURST BALM STAINS

Friday 11 July 2014


Since my early days of blogging, the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stains (previously known as the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains) were a firm favourite of mine, with Honey even reaching a holy grail status at one point. I treated myself to a trio on my flight home from Madrid for £16 (bargain)  and so thought I would revisit them for a full review.

I have three shades; Sweetheart, Rendezvous and Honey, all of which have become staple colours for me. Sweetheart is a bright pink, one I will be getting a ton of use out of in the summer months, and Rendezvous is a classic orange colour that actually suits me really well and fulfills my wants of an orange lip colour. Honey is a classic neutral mauve pink colour, that if applied too generously can look a bit ancient but with experience you get the right balance.

The formula is what I love, they apply so easily to the lips, and I never have any trouble with bleeding or uneven fading. These really do stain, so when that slight glossiness (which can be blotted down if you aren't feeling the sheen) has faded, you are still left with the strong colour - even my holy grail eye makeup remover struggles to get this off my lips sometimes.

I am looking to get my mitts on the rest of the collection, as well as trying out the Matte and Lacquer offerings which I am leaving too late to purchase (note: must go to Boots), so that I can compare the formulas...

5 comments :

  1. Rendevouz looks gorgeous! I've also recently blogged about them, and I really like the one I got, apart from that I wish that it was a bit more pigmented, but I guess the low pigmentation is actually the point of these products haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours look so nice, I love rendezvous :)

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I'm going to pick up sweetheart

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous shades and they look a lot like the MUA Power Pouts. I wonder how they compare, I need to try these.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |