ONE SWEEP WONDERS

Thursday 1 May 2014


Do you ever have those days where you have left your makeup until the last minute, should be working, or need to leave the door in 20 minutes and when it comes to eyes you're not sure where to turn? Today I will be serving up my dose of 'one sweep wonders' - shadows that you can pack on, blend the edges and add a slick of liner/lashings of mascara and be good to go.

The one I'm sure you were all anticipating being in this post was the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze, the perfect cream shadow that when smoothed over the lids looks like you have put a ton of effort into your look.

Another cult one is MAC Woodwinked, a bronzey sheen of colour which looks good on almost all eye colours. If you have a spare few seconds, pack this on top of the Maybelline offering, take it on the lower lashline, and you have got the perfect bronze eye.

One that won't be for everyone, but one that I think looks really chic with a small liner wing is the Dainty Doll Shadow in Treat Her Like A Lady, a slightly taupe toned pale grey which seems to glow from my lids. I'm not sure where you can get this from any more after the line being discontinued but places like Fragrance Direct seem to have you covered.

Last but not least is something a little more catered for you pink-toned lovers. It goes by the name of Fine Wine by Wet 'n' Wild, and is a stunning shimmery rose (almost leaning on rose gold when you sweep it on lightly) which back in the day I used to wear almost daily.

What are your hacks for the quick fix eye looks?

9 comments :

  1. On and On Bronze is my lazy day saviour! It really does look like a whole bronzed eye look, all from one little pot xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great shades - so wearable! I
    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing!! I definitely need to try the maybelline one!!
    Just found your blog and it is amazing!! Definitely following!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. On and On Bronze is the best. It's so wearable, such a great shade.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. the mac eyeshadow looks gorgeous! i love colours that you can just sweep and go! xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woodwinked and On and On Bronze are both some of my favourite "one sweep wonders" as well. I absolutely love shades like them. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks.
    I love MAC Woodwinked.
    I need to try out that wet and wild shade it looks amazing!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Woodwinked and On and On Bronze - great idea for a post, I definitely have those hurried mornings on a very regular basis! xx

    littlethingssheloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. On and On Bronze is my go to shadow for school, it's so easy to just sweep on the lid in the morning with no effort required at all x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |