DIY RIPPED KNEES

Sunday 25 May 2014


The ripped-knee jeans trend has been something I have wanted to jump into myself for a while now and as they have been hitting the shelves more these past months I have been even more intrigued, but being on a saving spending ban there was no way I could buy  myself a pair. After Megan sent me an iMessage of her DIY ripped knees I headed to Google and gave them a go myself to revamp some old Primark skinnies.

The process was simple, I popped the jeans on, and drew with a pencil where I wanted the slits to be, took them off and cut two simple lines through the fabric. The next steps can be a bit difficult but I put a small cardboard box (Lush Fun Set to be specific) in the legs to get some support and it seemed to make life a lot easier.
 Using a cheese grater (weird huh) and rubbing it across the cut edges made them fray and get some texture in there to make them look more ripped seems to work a treat, and then I took some old tweezers and grabbed some of the edges and pulled tightly to get some loose strings going on which made them look much more distressed.

I honestly love the outcome of these jeans and I am tempted to try it on some other pairs as this is a something that I feel is very flattering on me and many others...

6 comments :

  1. I loooove them and i think they're so confy :)
    Michela xx
    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what they look like, so cool! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great ! i love DIY so you can have your own personal edge to it :)
    Melissa | The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea! Perfect for a spring summery day! Will defo try it out :)

    Eesha x
    www.eeshasglam.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome! I tried this and completely failed haha. Thanks for sending over your link, you have a lovely blog! Following you now x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to to rip my black skinnies for ages, I think I might have to now, thanks for the tips :)

    hannah xo

    www.labandwagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |