GETTING INTO GLOSSES

Tuesday 13 May 2014


I have never been a gloss kind of girl, I prefer lipsticks all the way. But, recently layering a gloss on top of a matte lipstick, or even alone is becoming my new thing and I am loving it, and apparently the ones I have been liking come in pairs in my collection.

The first duo are from the Tanya Burr Lips and Nails collection which is really exciting. I have Afternoon Tea* and Champagne Toast*, a bubblegum pink and an orange-y shimmery nude. For me, none of these two colours suit me alone, but I have realised that putting them both on makes for the perfect shade.

I also have been really enjoying the Revlon ColourBurst Lip Glosses, in Crystal Water and Bellini. Crystal Water is a clear gloss with almost duo-chome shimmer particles that sometimes look blue, other times purple. Over a fuchsia pink lipstick this looks awesome. Bellini is a milky peach gloss, which over my MAC Faux Lipstick looks lush.

I also have been enjoying the GOSH Volume Shine offerings, in 04 and 07. 04 is the red, which I like to wear alone on the lips as a muted red with a slight orange tint to it in some lights. 07 is a brownish plum, which when in the tube I didn't think I would like, but on the lips (especially over nudes) it is a really nice colour.

What are your current gloss favourites?

8 comments :

  1. Great post! I use the Revlon Lip Gloss in Bellini too for a nude lip, alone or on top of Mac Creme Cup! I didn't like lip glosses much, but this is the first I bought a month ago! The Tanya Burr's look lovely! :D

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the look of these glosses - you can never have too many!!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a huge fan of lipgloss but I definitely want to try some out, especially from the Tanya Burr range x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never been that into glosses either, may have to try some of these out, try and convert myself! x
    THAT FASHION VICTIM // UK FASHION & BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also not a huge gloss person. Love the Tanya Burr ones though! Pigmented and long lasting. The packaging of the relvon ones is cute! Xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love GOSH lipglosses, and I'm not a gloss girl either to be honest. I much prefer matte lipsticks. I do want to give the Tanya Burr glosses a go though as a fan of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge gloss person either, but lately all I keep finding are glosses that aren't too sticky! My latest faves are the NYX megashine lipglosses. They are pretty great! Looking forward to reading more of your posts, just subsribed and hopped over via the Twitter chat!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Tanya Burr lip glosses! I can't believe how pigmented they are and they smell - amazing!
    I really wanted Afternoon Tea but it's always sold out! I have First Date and I love it!

    Maisie xx
    www.thebeautylagoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |