SUMMER HOLIDAY PREP

Monday 16 June 2014


It's coming to that time of year that some of you may be jetting off to somewhere sunny on a mini break or a holiday, (I am going to Madrid soon, which I am very excited about), and so I have been starting to think about how I am going to prep for the getaway, so why not make it into a post... Brace yourselves, it's rather lengthy.

Tanning: I am quite lucky when it comes to tanning, I tan easily even with SPF50 on, but sometimes if your legs have been stuck in jeans for a long time over the previous seasons you may be reaching for the faux glow in an attempt to avoid blinding everyone with your limbs. I have 2 offerings for you, a pretty hardcore one - the Vita Liberata pHenomenal Long Lasting Tan Mousse Medium*  which supposedly lasts for 2-3 weeks but has a lengthy application process. For me, this is quite dark, but I wouldn't say it isn't natural and it fades nicely anyway.. For something more hydrating and gradual I have been soaking up the Garnier Summer Body Sun Kissed Look Moisturising Lotion (these two get the awards for longest product names), but honestly I love the subtle hint of tint this gives.

Manicure: I hate feet, so this'll make me cringe typing, but there is nothing you want less than cracking out the sandals and having chipped nails, so you want something long lasting. I recently got sent the Fuse Gelnamel Set* but wasn't happy with the results (they looked dull and thick, and I ended up peeling them off in sheets the next morning), so I suggest opting for a good topcoat instead. Throw on some cuticle oil like this Sinful Colours one (which smells divine) and some Soap and Glory Heel Genius and you are good to go.

Body: Removing the hair on your limbs is a good way to start, and I prefer waxing as it lasts longer for me, but if not, take a razor and a mini shaving foam - the Satin Care Apricot offering smells amazing, and you should be able to avoid looking like a yak on your holidays as well as being able to sort out any patches you may have missed beforehand... we've all been there. 

Skin: If your ditching the makeup in the daytime when poolside, you want your skin to be in good condition. Get yourself into a good routine a few weeks before - using a serious mask like the Origins Clear Improvement the night before will most likey bring all the blemishes to the surface, and also use something like Effaclar Duo [+] from La Roche Posay as a further treatment if need me.

So, prep sorted, now time to scour the mini's in Boots and depot all the skincare stash...

3 comments :

  1. Must try that Origins mask!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try that heel genius, because my feet are looking rough.. I use Butter Londons Rock Off but I'm not sure if I can tell a difference in my feet lol.
    Great post!

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Garnier summer body this weekend and have been really liking it! The tan is a real natural colour :)

    Sarah
    www.daisychainsanddreamers.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |