THE BEST OF BENEFIT?

Friday 31 July 2015

THE BEST OF BENEFIT SET

I got this Benefit set for Christmas 2014 from my grandparents and it claimed to have 'the best of' the brand featured inside, and I thought I'd give you the run down on the best from 'the best' seeing as I've had more than enough time to trial these minis. 

The PoreFessional Primer - When I first tried this I was a little skeptical, as it was a very silicone based primer, and on the first few uses my skin seemed a little unsure, but as I got into it I began to actually love how it made my makeup apply and appear, and I am now making my way through a full size and I can't bear the thought of a day without it. 

High Beam - This is another favourite, a liquid pink pearl highlight which gives the most amazing glow. With a light hand this is gorgeous on top of the cheekbones, brow bones (pretty much anywhere you would highlight), or use it mixed in with a less glowy foundation. I even mixed this in with my moisturiser a few times for a subtle hydrating glow. 

Benetint - One that I didn't know how to use without looking like a clown with dark pink circles on the cheeks, but now I seem to have managed the art of Benetint, you could say. A little patted into the fingertips then lightly pressed into the cheeks and lips gives a subtle tint - that literally stays all day.

Hoola Bronzer - The cult classic; the one everyone raves about. This is great - a warm matte bronzer that when applied with a light duofibre brush gives a natural looking bronzed glow. I have to remind myself to use this as I often just reach for Nars Laguna, but this mini compact is a firm high flyer in my bronzer stash nonetheless. 

They're Real Mascara - A word of warning; do not poke yourself in the eye with this wand. The plastic bristles and odd ball shaped end to the wand really does make you cry a little, but I guess it can be excused by the wonders it does to the lashes. Although perhaps a little to wet when I first got it, after being left to dry out for a while it was the perfect formula for my lashes - but this one gets quite a few mixed opinions in the blogging world. 

They're Real Gel Liner - Gel liner in a pen excited me, and it was alright while it lasted. This stuff ran out fast - mainly because I would twist the bottom for ages then a huge blob would appear. This was super black, and gave the most dramatic line I think I've ever worn - and I even got a few compliments from it. My only complaint is that if I rubbed my eye at all (not advised with liner anyway, but I was going for it), it would begin to flake off. I think this one is about preference to be honest, but the new coloured versions do excite me. 

Boi-ing Concealer - I liked that you got 2 colours of this, because with a tan I could mix the two and then when I was paler I could just reach for the top one. This is pretty brightening, so under the eye use was the best for me, although it didn't beat my love for the liquid formulas across my concealer stash. Admittedly, with a hydrating primer or eye cream underneath it sat better, but apply too much and you have a cakey situation. 

So, there you go. The best and the 'try for yourself because I'm not quite sure''s, but all in all I will admit that nothing was a mega disappointment, so I was pretty impressed by this set and would definitely buy this for someone who hadn't tried any Benefit products if it comes out again this year. 

14 comments :

  1. I love this little kit! It is still sat pretty in the box on my dresser :) I think it is a great collection of everything you need and definitely the best of Benefit. My favourite product is the Porefessional, btu They're Real liner is my number one at the moment. The colours are brilliant too! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box is stunning isn't it! It really is a great set x

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I love a whole lot of minis. I love Hoola and Porefessional.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried much from them, but I do love Hoola, Rockateur and Whatt's up highlighter :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the Rockateur it's been on my wishlist for ages!x

      Delete
  4. I love Benefit, definitely one of my favourite make up brands. High beam is one of my faves and I also love the they're real mascara x

    Georgina | Rent or Chanel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to see Benefit as a favourite brand too! I really want to expand out from this set x

      Delete
  5. I love Porefessional but I'm not a fan of the They're Real Mascara, I loved the sample size but the full size just didn't seem the same!

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, how strange! Perhaps it'll get better with time x

      Delete
  6. My favourite Benefit product has to be Watts Up! It's such a stunning highlighter. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try that, I need to have a look at some reviews! x

      Delete
  7. Fab post hun, I’m finding myself back in love with Porefessional - I went through a stage where I didn’t like it but over the past couple of months I’ve loving it again. I need to try mixing High Beam with my foundation as I’m yet to get on with it as I find the formula a little thick for my liking. Hoola is such a HG product for me, I love how this looks on the skin :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their base/face products are something they do really well! You should try the mixing technique it gives a really pretty effect x

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |