HEATWAVE ESSENTIALS

Sunday 5 July 2015


I'm pretty sure all the British public have been talking about for the past week is the 'heatwave' that hit us - and it was some of the best weather we have had in years, so, I had to prepare myself pretty quickly and this checklist-esque post should spare you the panic when the sun next hits.

The most obvious would be SPF. I love the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL for my face as it is super lightweight, and has an SPF of 50 so makes sure you are fully protected, and works well under makeup (the most makeup I manged during the heat was brows and mascara, but for a daily basis). I also have the Ultrasun Ultralip balm, an SPF lipbalm because I had sunburnt lips once, and I will take all costs to ensure that happens never again. For my body, I'll tend to use whatever we have in the house but I quite like the Boots Soltan Dry Touch Lotion for reference. I picked up the Sephora Softening Face Mist last year in Madrid, and it is still very handy for when you need a quick refresh.

Another pretty clear essential is sunglasses - and I have quite the stash for when they are needed, but at the moment this lightly rounded giraffe/tortoise shell framed pair from Primark are my current favourites, and cost a mere £2. This bandeau bikini is also from Primark (£6 in a set with corresponding bottoms) and is pretty good at maximising the tan in the garden - and the slightly slimmer centre makes it really flattering.

The headphones are pretty self explanatory, but when in the garden I like to listen to music either on Spotify or some of the songs I have on iTunes (they have to be pretty special to be purchased and the majority of my playlist is Kanye West albums), but at the moment I'm quite enjoying the slightly older album from him - Graduation. Another pass time is painting my nails in a bright nail polosh, I've got Color Club Bright Night and Ciaté Play Date shown here; great sandal colours. I also have a hair oil there, because my thick hair tends to suffer a little when it gets hot (more so on holiday and near pools/beaches, but it's best for me to keep the moisture up anyway), and its the Got2B Oil-Licious one, and is super softening to the hair.

What have your beatuy/fashion essentials been recently during the heat surge?

5 comments :

  1. I HAVE to have a face mist with me at all times, they're such a good way to cool down & I have been told its even better if you keep them in the fridge. Ice cold.
    I have been using my The Body Shop primer so my makeup doesn't slip right off my face.
    http://www.koolbadges.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why it posted a link to my business website - apologies for that

      Delete
  2. I really like that bikini, it's definitely my cup of tea! I also have the La Roche Posay sun cream and it does such an amazing job at protecting your skin
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sephora facial mist sounds so, so nice!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post! I don't know if you've tried it already but the Avene Thermal Water Spray from Boots is amazing - I can imagine it being like the Sephora one xo
    MissBeautyObsession

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |