FESTIVE SEASON

Monday 8 December 2014


It has begun again. The first of December marks my true excitement for Christmas (although my present shopping did begin beforehand as I have rather busy collection of weekends coming up). I thought I would just put together a little post together on what I'm doing this year present wise and how I'm wrapping.

Between my close-knit group of friends we have organised a Secret Santa so we don't have to buy each other a separate present as budgets are low this year (I don't really know why but we all seem to be a bit short on money), so we are each getting a £20 present instead rather than lots of little bits. Of course, some of the girls slipped up and gave it away meaning a few of us 'cryptic' gals could suss out who has who, but I'm still excited to see what we all buy for each other. That means I have more money to spend on family, as some of my other friends and I just promised each other chocolate and so we wouldn't have to spend much more either.

As for wrapping, I decided to go for what I was going to do last year (but Mum got ahead of the game and had already purchased various rolls of printed paper). The idea is to wrap everything in brown paper then decorate it with bakers twine, bows, ribbon and elastic cord, and so on, to make it really customised. I've gone for a red, gold, green theme and managed to get most of my supplies in Wilkinson and Home Bargains to save some pennies. I think buying presents is my favourite part and seeing others open them, and I'm really pleased with my finds this year.

If you celebrate Christmas, how are you planning things this year?

4 comments :

  1. Secret Santa is such a great idea! Love your wrapping too - so scandi-chic!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going for brown paper too - but can't wrap presents until I get home on the 21st! I can't finish buying until the 19th either...stressful stuff! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wilkinsons for Xmas supplies they have so many cute things.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |