A FESTIVE GLITTER POLISH

Monday 15 December 2014


I think it's safe to say that as the Christmas and party season comes around, almost everyone loves a good glitter manicure, whether all over, an accent nail, tips, or a gradient effect, it's just something we all crave.

I found this one from Essence from the Special Effect Topper range for a couple of pounds in the shade Circus Confetti. You get a variety of small round glitter and slightly larger hex glitter in an array of colours, basically like rainbow glitter housed in a clear base. This looks amazing layered over coloured polish, as well as nude and white, and also on it's own layered up for a full on glitter nail (a few coats gets it almost opaque).

As it is quite a heavy glitter, the drying time is a little longer than usual, but a fast drying top coat will get you though it (I'm loving the Ciaté Speed Coat), and I can't get over how sparkly and festive it looks. It even managed to catch the eye of the science teacher whilst he was in the midst of talking as it was that sheeny and reflective!

Definitely one to try if you are looking for a budget rainbow glitter rather than splurging on the likes of OPI.

6 comments :

  1. I love this Glitter topper, I spotted it a couple of months ago in my local Wilko and have really enjoyed using it :) xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I'd wear it as an accent nail, with perhaps a Navy coat on the rest!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought this shade a couple of weeks ago but i haven't tried it out yet - nice post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love essence. Need to get my hands on this nail polish. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a chunky glitter & this looks right up my street! Essence do such affordable nail polishes & I must remember to look out for this
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love glitter and this one is absolytely gorgeous!
    xomadiha

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |