THE FLANNEL SHIRT

Saturday 6 September 2014


For the longest time, I have been lusting after a flannel shirt - to me they just seem so Kylie Jenner and I always think up endless outfits they would go well with, so when I was hunting for one there was no hesitations on whether I actually wanted to spend money on something.

Being the petite person I am I actually managed to get this in the New Look teen kind of section for a mere £14.99. The material is so nice, slightly fluffy and seems like a really great layering piece - especially after seeing a post on how to style flannel shirts from Lily Pebbles. I was either hunting for a monochrome one or a red one, and I decided on the red as I thought it was about time I added a little colour to my wardrobe. Now, I really want the blue one New Look offer too, as it looked like a really great piece.

I envision wearing this open, with the sleeves rolled up, paired with a slogan tee, black ripped skinny jeans and flat boots (both of which I'm still hunting for). Nevertheless, it looks great done up tucked into plain jeans or over leggings for a slouchy approach, as well as looking great almost as an accessory around the waist.

I expect I'll be getting some major wear out of this in the Autumn/Winter, and I hope it'll last me for years to come as flannel shirts really are a timeless piece.

5 comments :

  1. I love this look! I need to keep an eye out for this when I am in New Look next!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! I've been looking for a red plaid shirt forever but somehow I just can't seem to find one that I like. Forever wishing we had New Look in my country!

    Tania | thearistochats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loads of flannel shirts, I love them!
    Katy| sirensandbells.co.uk| facebook.com/sirensandbellsblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shirt, I always make sure I browse new look teens too can always find some gems xxx




    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! I really want to get a nice flannel shirt for A/W!!

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |