DAILY MAKEUP BRUSHES

Sunday 28 September 2014


It's all very well owning brushes upon brushes of all different shapes and sizes in your collection, but when it comes to the daily makeup routine hunting around for a suitable brush begins to waste time, which is why I've narrowed it down to 8 brushes I use on a daily basis that seem to get me through the mornings.

FACE: When it comes to the face, only 3 brushes are really well loved. The first is the Real Techniques Contour Brush, which comes in handy for multiple uses, and for me, contouring, highlighting, and powdering (as well as cream and powder blush when I wear them) are the steps where I tend to reach for this brush. The Real Techniques Buffing Brush comes in handy for applying foundation and concealer, when I really want to spend time buffing in to create that photoshop finish on my skin. The Nanshy Round Buffer Brush is used for the same purposes, but as it's more dense and less flexible I find it quicker to slap on products using this offering when I'm in a rush.

EYES: Here's where things get a little bit more complex, with each brush doing something different. The Tiger Spoolie is used daily to comb and shape my brows, with this Ebay Fraulein angles brush to fill them in with my Elf Pebble Eyeshadow. The next brush along is the Nanshy Tapered Crease, which comes in handy when I'm applying and smudging shadow along the lower lashline for a sultry look. Then comes the Nanshy Blending Eyeshadow, which I tend to use for applying colour to the lid, and also working a warm matte into the crease. Finally, the No7 Blend and Contour Brush is one I always just to finish off any blending and make my eye shadow look seamless.

Now all I need is a good gel liner brush, perhaps a powder brush, and something a little smaller for precise concealer application. What brushes do you use daily?

6 comments :

  1. I really wanna try Nanshy brushes! :) xx

    Mary Bloomy

    ReplyDelete
  2. love RT brushes! they're so good and work so well

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com /// new blog sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really good brush choices! I use the RT Expert Face brush daily I love the Marc Jacobs bronzer and the Sephora Pro Airbrush 54, and for my eyes, MAC 217, 224 and 239 :)

    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about Nanshy but haven't given them a go so probably a birthday money treat i think! thanks for sharing xxx


    Blonde of carbs


    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the Nanshy brushes and that buffer brushes looks like something I would actually enjoy! I might look for it.

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, I have most of these and I really like them too, my favorite is the real techniques contour brush it works wonderfully well!

    Vintage Melissa x x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |