BORN PRETTY STORE BRUSHES

Monday 5 January 2015


Recently I had some brushes sent to me from Born Pretty Store, in the form of this 5pc face kit*. I wasn't expecting much as they were extremely budget priced, but I'm actually a huge fan and have been getting a fair amount of use out of the collection. If you use the code EVANH10 you can also get 10% off the store.

My favourite brush is the one pictured in the first demo picture, and the one on the far right on the top picture. It's quite a dense, tall pointed yet round foundation brush, and one I imagine to be quite similar to the currently hyped Louise Young LY34 brush, making it perfect for a quick foundation application. The second demo shows the round buffer brush, which is slightly smaller than the rest. I like to use this for cream/liquid highlighters, especially Benefit High Beam.

The flat top brush is quite a nice one for concealer, and I also like the angled slightly rounded top pne for cream blush, especially the more natural colours as it is the perfect shape for focusing the colour along the cheekbone and up onto the temples for that cold flushed look. I assume the flat top angled brush would be rather good for this purpose too.

All the brushes aren't too dense that they are unworkable, so they aren't stiff when blending, but they are just the right density to get a flawless finish. I've really been enjoying the multi-use aspect of this brush set, not to mention I quite like the sleek monochrome look of them.

9 comments :

  1. This looks like a dupe of the set Sigma brought out! They all sound really nice.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely perfect! Definitely going to check them out!! :)

    Zoe|www.zoethedreamer.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I love finding budget gems and never really splash out on brushes xxx

    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These actually look really good, like sigma dupe brushes! I might try these but I hate waiting on delivery from born pretty it takes ages haha! xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great set I might look into it.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look perfect, very similar to a Sigma brush set I've seen. I have been looking at getting some new brushes for a while now and these look promising x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous brushes! I would definitely try them :)


    Creepers & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. These brushes look great and a definite dupe for Sigma. I love the look of the pointed one and like you said a great dupe for the Louise Young brush :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look really good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |