A MONOCHROME MANICURE

Wednesday 7 January 2015


As a change from the festive reds, glitters and just coloured manicures in general, I recently decided to experiment with monochrome nails; greys, blacks and whites. Almost my entire wardrobe consists of monochrome garments so why not incorporate that obsession into a manicure?

The first offering is Ciaté Cream Soda, a pale, cool toned grey that looks effortless and chic on it's own and slightly more edgy when layered with a glitter like the Next Confetti Effect Polish in New Tricks; a clear base jam packed with odd geometric shaped glitter and small circular flecks. I really like the look of this one on the nails, although I would recommend using two layers of topcoat as the glitters do curl up slightly and catch on things.

The two classic black and white polishes are from Mint London, a brand I decided to try at the Clothes Show Live, as they were running a 4 for £5 offer alongside a large goody bag too. I've only used the black - Cirque Le Soir so far, and it was extremely glossy and opaque in 2 coats, although I could have gotten away with one thicker coat. My only complaint is the drying time, as it is quite a thick polish but I used my Ciaté Speed Coat over it and they were touch dry in a couple of minutes. The white is called Dogtown and I am tempted to use this one soon, as I do think white nails have such a crisp look... until you get a smear of ink on a nail in the school day.

Have you ventured into the monochrome manicure world yet?

7 comments :

  1. My staple nail look is a jet black glossy one, it looks very rock chick (can't believe I just used that phrase!) but still has an element of class and sophistication!

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great and I never tried a black and white nail but I might now that you inspired me with these colors.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh they all look lovely! I'd love to see how the Confetti one looks on!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of mani! I am curious to how that confetti looks!

    http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The confetti effects looks absolutely amazing, I want it!! XX

    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love monochrome nails, the confetti polish looks amazing! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always had a thing for black polish. But lately I've been loving a grey one by OPI which I wrote about not long ago on my blog! x

    thebeautyresidence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |