FESTIVE TARTAN NAIL ART

Sunday 15 December 2013


Tartan is slowly but surely becoming my new favourite thing. Considering when I went to London at the weekend the 't' word was mentioned in numerous conversations, and I lust everything and anything covered in the print, it is time to fess up to my addiction, and what better way to do it than try out some coordinated nail art. 


It would appear that Lily Pebbles has literally just done a post on this idea too, but I promise my pictures were taken 3-4 weeks ago in preparation, and that I haven't copied! Basically, this is that kind of nail art that looks so complex, but takes you a matter of lines, and minutes, to complete the job. 


The colours I used were OPI Red Light Ahead... Where? as the base colour, and then I used green, black, white and sliver stripers to create the stripes, and in a few different lines, and the tartan look was complete. The stripers were from the brand 'Rio' in case you were curious, but any will do. 


I think this could be my chosen nail art for the 25th, but then again, Megan gave me some smashing monochrome Nail Rock Nail Wraps for my birthday yesterday, which I cannot stop staring at...


 

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments :

  1. love this, will get my sister to try it out on me as I'm so bad at nail art! xxx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I love this, I am definitely going to be trying this soon :D

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tartan and nail art so this is the perfect combo
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe this is so cute! i love the tartan look for the holidays, very preppy! :)

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this looks lovely, and so on trend!
    AlexRocksxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so easy and pretty. I am gonna try it soon. :) x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |