RIMMEL WAKE ME UP INSTANT RADIANCE SHIMMER TOUCHES

Sunday 17 November 2013


Since the whole 'radiant glow' thing has become really popular this past year or two, I have been subtly been jumping on the bandwagon, what with my combination skin in tow. 

I have been seeing these Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch products for a while, and after the rest of the Wake Me Up range has been getting some serious hype, I thought it would be a good idea to give these a go. I wasn't too sure about getting these, so when I spotted them each in a Poundland, it is the perfect time to trial them. 


The 2 shades available are Shimmering Sand and Radiant Rose, none of which I use as a highlight, as they are just far too dark. I use Radiant Rose as a glowy, pale blush colour when I am feeling adventurous, and some people think it's crazy, but I love the way it looks on my skin tone. 


Shimmering Sand is the anomaly of them, as I don't really know what to do with it. If you have darker skin, this would look stunning on the cheekbones as a highlight, but unfortunately for me it's just too dark. The main way I get use out of this is to either blend it in with some foundation, to create a really glowy base, or sometimes I apply it very, very lightly over the whole area of my cheeks and blend it well with a brush I used for foundation (the Real Techniques Buffing Brush that would be), and it adds a pretty subtle golden glow. 


A nice way of adding glow, without the disco-ball aftermath. If you see these in a Pound Store, throw them onto the till and give them a go yourself...


 

  Follow on Bloglovin


9 comments :

  1. Oo I didn't even know about these. May have to try and track them down. That rose one looks like a lovely colour.

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these look great, I haven't actually seen them before so definitely worth giving a go and for that price too!! Xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of these but they look amazing, I am definitely going to raid my Poundland!

    AlexRocksXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted these the other day in the drugstore and am so glad you did a review on them because they've been in my mind ever since!! They seem just perfect for me! Thank you for leaving me your link during the chat!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review, that looks great. Would you mind checking out my blog and possibly leaving a comment so I know what you think or following it? It would mean a lot to me :).


    Katie xoxo
    http://beautyinspirationstop.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh love the Radiant Rose one! They do look quite dark but need a helping hand with colour and glow in the Winter months :-) Thanks for sharing.

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know about these! Thanks for sharing! :)
    xx

    www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound lovely, can't believe they were in the Pound Store! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the colour radiant rose, how great that you found them in a pound shop!

    Bella x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |