RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION

Monday 11 November 2013


2013 is the year that Rimmel's products are bringing it across the board when it comes to drugstore/highstreet makeup finds. Their releases have been causing everyone to get a little excited, and although this wasn't released this year, the hype has been at its peak. 


The Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation claims to offer an 'Anti Fatigue Effect and Radiant Glow' and it also offers SPF15. There are small amounts of shimmer in it, but I have never before seen it on my face, but I have done in the bottle, but it isn't anything that has bothered me yet. Although, because this is such a radiant foundation, with my combination skin, things can get a little shiny throughout the day, so this is a weekend base for me, as I can easily reach for the powder or blotting sheets whenever I need them, which is probably twice a day (or less), just to tide things over on the shine-front. 


The coverage is a good medium I would say, and one pump goes all the way over my face. The consistency is quite thick, which I actually quite like, as it feels very creamy when you buff it into the skin, but not heavy whatsoever. Another thing would be that the colour range isn't the best, with the palest offering of Ivory 100 being too dark for my skin, and so sometimes when I want to not have any product on the cheeks as they have no blemishes and look fine, I can't do that as I look like I have a mis-matched centre of my face...


Other than that, if you can deal with a bit of blending to even out the colour, and if you can deal with a little touch up of the powder here and there, than absolutely go and buy this yourself, and if you are the bargain hunter I am, go into ASDA, as the often sell it for £4.98 in there - bargainous. 


 

Follow on Bloglovin


7 comments :

  1. I just started using this foundation and am in love with it!! so good for my dry/combination skin. If the colour is too dark for you, mix a bit of your moisturizer with it to apply to your face it helps :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a new natural foundation, might have to try this!
    AlexRocksXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use this almost everyday, i love it :)

    www.orange-chic.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get on with this at all :( Great post though, and I can see why the product is popular just doesn't suit my skin type xx

    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great post, definitely the best link I've been sent from the chat :) followed you! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do really like this foundation and the finish it gives, but unfortunately it just didn't work for my skin type and it breaks me out every time I use it :( The lightest shade is also a little too dark for me so its not one that I reach for that often I'm afraid.. xx

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the post, not sure I would buy it though, as I too have pale skin and don't fancy the effort blending... Extra minutes in bed, or extra blending? I know which I prefer!

    Thanks for the link via Twitter. Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts.

    I have followed you on Bloglovin, I can be found here Simply Roxilicious!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |