MIXING THE METALS

Sunday 29 March 2015


Ask me a few years ago, and I would have claimed rose gold to be my favourite type of jewellery. I then moved onto gold, then more recently silver, then onto both gold and silver. What? Mixing metals has been a new thing for me and I actually have been enjoying it. I know a lot of people hate the clash between gold and silver but I really like the contrast. 

What got me into this is the larger necklace from Primark. It cost a mere £1.50, so isn't the best quality but the concept is what I love. The gold 'v' is about as statement as you will see from me when it comes to jewellery, but it's pretty thin and dainty, and what I personally like is the thin contrasting silver chain. In terms of necklaces I also have some more subtle options, and I have a selection of gold ones from Forever 21 that I sometimes wear at once, or wear one with this silver knot necklace from H&M. 

In terms of rings, I have quite the collection, as I tend to go a little bit mad in the sale section of H&M, and pick up a good four packs at a time - especially when my older ones are looking a little worse for wear (I don't have the money to invest in pricey rings). I like either really thick, bold rings or very thin dainty ones, and at the moment I have a good mix of the two, in gold and silver, both midi and regular in size. I love wearing rings, because I have quite short stubby fingers almost and I really dislike my bare hands, however when I wear lots of rings they look far more elegant. 

Do you love or hate the mixed metal look?

3 comments :

  1. i was exactly the same, i kept buying more gold jewellery then realising i didn't have enough silver and i've only recently started to enjoy mixing them together!

    Jen,
    jennifers journal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the clash between gold and silver, i love dainty necklaces layered to really dress up an outfit xx

    jordaneyasmin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to mix metals well, but I do feel like it can look off if not done right. Silver with gold or rose gold always seems to work, though. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |