TRANSITIONAL TOUCHES

Thursday 9 October 2014


It's coming to that seasonal change time of year yet again, as we welcome Autumn into or calendars, and sometimes I'm not quite brave enough to go for the full berry lip and smokey burgundy eye, so I thought it's be a nice idea to gather up some of the things I've been using to warm myself up for Autumn (excuse the pun).

 LIPS: For lips, as you might tell from the picture, I do go in very subtle to begin with. I'm quite a fan of the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey, and this is actually my second one of the stuff. It's a muted pink colour which is lightly darker than your average pink, and has a semi-matte, long lasting finish on the lips that really does stain. I also quite enjoy the Body Shop Born Lippy Plum Lip Balm as this offers a hint of tint in a slightly berry tone.

EYES: For eyes I'm not quite as restrictive as I am for lip products, and I like to crack out the slightly pink or red colours along with the warm bronzes, that do quite compliment my greenish eye colour. The first is in cream form, and its the Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Gemstone, which is a nice purple/pink/bronze. This Maybelline Quad in Coral Drama has a nice selection of autumnal colours, with the deep red at the end to fit in quite nicely with the season. The MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked is also a nice bronze offering for something a little more subtle, but the warmth really emphasises the autumnal ideas.

NAILS: For nails I do love my deep reds and plums but I also am I quite a fan of something more subtle, because I find it hard to go straight from pastel to vampy shades. Ciaté Starlet is a really pretty duocrome purple, olive shade and although it's a little metallic I actually quite like it. Sinful Colours Dancing Nails is also slightly metallic, but on long, square nails, it looks really nice, but I have to be in the mood for this one I guess.

So there you have it, if you would like to see the full on autumnal products I'm cracking out this year, do let me know. Also, the pictures in this photo were actually business cards I got from the Graduate Fashion Week, and I thought they made a nice touch so here's links Siobhan Morris and Toni Anne.

6 comments :

  1. I am intrigued to try the revlon colourburst stain it looks really pretty and the maybelline quad looks like a good essential xxx


    Blondeofcarbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I had that balm stain but I lost it, may need to pick it up again!
    Project Rattlebag x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Maybelline quad! Perfect shades for autumn!

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the shades. I think the Revlon lip stain is gorgeous and that color has been on my wish list for a while. I'm really liking that Maybelline Quad as well.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same quad an it screams autumn to me. The shades are just so buttery!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |