Get To Know Me - Beauty Blogger TAG

Sunday 28 July 2013

Hi guys!
I saw this tag on Megan's blog, which you all know and love, and I thought it would be a nice relaxing post to write instead of a beauty review on this Saturday afternoon.
I will just get onto the questions because this could be a long one!

Just a random picture!


1. Is your hair naturally curly or naturally straight?
My hair used to be very very straight as a young child, and it still is quite straight now with a bit of maintenance, as sometimes (almost all the time), when it air dries after washing, I end up with the bottom layer of my hair very frizzy, and then I have 2 tiny curls framing my face, and it looks bad, but can be fixed.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I've never dyed my hair before, apart from once when I used wash-in, wash-out thing (but I don't really think that counts) because I don't really mind my hair colour, and to be honest I can't be dealing with the damage it might leave on my hair.
3.  Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I normally always have it down, with a few bits pinned up, but since I got it cut a week ago, I have been loving to have it up, as it is shorter and thinner (my hair is VERY thick), and so it hangs nicely.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or do you go to a salon?
I always do it myself. Not once have I ever been to a salon, and I don't really feel like I will in the future either. It does last longer apparently, but I am one for picking polish off my nails and so I don't think that will apply to me anyway!
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
If I am at school (it's about every 3 days now I'm on summer holidays), I will paint my nails on the Sunday afternoon ready for the week, but then by Tuesday morning I have picked it all off... Oopsies!
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I paint them in the winter, but then.... I just leave it. In the summer I love painting my toes, and I like to embrace all the bright colours!
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
School days, 20 minutes, when it is the weekend or holidays, I like to really take my time and use it as an opportunity to experiment, and so I take 30+ minutes depending on the complexity of what I am doing. 
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
It is probably 9 times out of 10 that I will go straight for the face. I never really do dramatic eyes, but when I do they will come first. 
9. Do you collect makeup or buy what you need when you need it?
I am a huge collector. My makeup collection has suddenly grown dramatically grown in the past few weeks, but as it is my hobby, I don't feel *that* bad...
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never, ever, ever! I have glasses and so until I am brave enough to embrace the under eye bags and get contact lenses, lashes will not be getting at all close to my eyeballs. 
11. Do you wear a full face of makeup everyday?
Most of the time yes. If I wear makeup, then 90% of the time I will go for all of it, but I try to have 1 day a week where I have no makeup on. I do like just concealer and mascara sometimes, but I have bad skin and I like things to be covered. 
12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
I don't mind not wearing it, but I still do wear it quite a lot. Not because I feel like I have to or anything, I just think it is fun to put on!
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
I don't mind too much, but I get a little embarrassed if I have a big ol' blemish and I see people I know!
14. How many high end products do you have?
Just the one, Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I am all about the drugstore/high street! 
 I have to think about buying high end products for a long time, and then I end up not buying them anyway!
15. Do you plan your OOTD each night or when you're getting dressed?
I like to just see what mood I am in. If I plan an outfit I end up getting more stressed, because I want to change it, so I just wait until the morning. 
16. How often do you change your handbag?
I have 2 small bags that I like to alternate between, and then a bigger one I use sometimes aswell, so it depends what I am wearing really. Sometimes I will go weeks with the same bag! 
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
On school days it is about 6:30-7:00 and I thought I could get some lie-ins in these holidays but all week I have been up at 7:30! I like to go to sleep pretty early on school days, so around 9:30-10:00 pm, but in the holidays it gets later. 
18. How often or when do you workout?
My my idea 'work out' is going on Just Dance 3 in the mornings, aha! I have tried sit ups and like 2 squats once, and I was in pain, and that never happened again! 
19.  Left handed or right handed?
Right!
20. How tall are you?
I think I am around 5ft 5" bordering 5.5", but I am not really sure, That is probably wrong as I like to kid myself that I am taller than I am so I think the 5ft 5" inches is more accurate than anything aha!
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I learn Spanish at school, and I am really enjoying it! 
22. How many pets do you have?
Two guinea pigs, and they are adorable!
23. How often are you on blogger?
A lot. No other words to describe my addiction. aha!
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I do quite often! I like to find new blogs when people leave their links.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Hmmm.... nope. Aha! Well, in my head I do, but I normally remember them anyway, especially when me and Megan talk about them all the time!
26.  How did you come up with your blog name?
I just sort of...thought of it! I wanted something that sounded the same and were spelt differently, and 'beau' links to beauty and 'bow' links to fashion!
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
I just have a very basic Fujifilm one which I got for about £70, it films in HD and it does great close ups in natural light (aka outside or on the windowsill!), I like to borrow my dad's Canon DSLR sometimes, but one day I hope to be able to get one for myself.
28. How often do you clean your house?
I don't have to clean the house, as I live with my parents and sister, but I have to tidy and sometimes polish my room, change the bedding etc, but I like to have a tidy room anyway, so there isn't really much for me to do!
29.  What's your favourite colour?
I like purple, but also I am a sucker for coral (at the moment aha!) and also, as Megan said, the typical blogger colour of mint green!
30. Do you swear?
If I am angry, sometimes yes. (Sorry Mum and Dad!), nowadays teens are so used to being around the bad language that sometimes it slips out! Especially when I am singing along to a rap or something and then realise what I have said! I am one to change the words though so I dont have to swear; like 'shizzle' or 'shiz' or 'fug' ahah!
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Sleep. And a lot of it. I went to a friends big birthday girly sleepover last night and I got literally about 4 hours sleep (no matter how late I go to bed, I am such an early riser!), and so I have already had a long nap, and I think I am going to catch up with some YouTube videos and also have a good relax!
So, that was the TAG, and if you guys do this tag, let me know! I think they are so fun to write!
Thanks for reading,
Lauren x

2 comments :

  1. I'm so going to do this someday. Look so fun to answer those beauty tag. HEHE. I enjoy reading all your answers here.

    Little Beauty Lashes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://zelda249.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/nominated-liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |